For Front and Centre Friday, I want to share a stamped moonlit night sky card I received from my friend Joanne. She’s used some of my favourite undeniably, absolutely, positively MUST HAVE sets to make this super cool scene card. Can you figure out which ones they are?
Did you guess? If your pick was Lovely as a Tree and the Color Theory Suite, you’re RIGHT!
Joanne wanted to make a winter scene card with the chair from the Seasonal Layers thinlits. She says it took her many tries to get the final product which still wasn’t exactly what she was looking for. I don’t know why…I think it’s pretty awesome. Let’s take a closer peek.
Wanna know how Joanne created it? She:
- punched a circle in a sticky post-it note and used it as a mask to make the moon
- rubbed a sponge dipped in her White craft ink stamp pad into the circle in a circular pattern until she got the look she wanted. (Put the square post-it note with the circle cut out on your card and sponge over top.)
- stamped the trees four times at varying heights in silver ink (or alternatively in Versamark and emboss with silver embossing powder)
- sprayed on some old “Memories Mist” Whipped Cream spray to get the snowflake background (that I think looks just like Wink of Stella from a Stampin’ Spritzer!)
- brushed multipurpose glue on the bottom of the cardstock and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter
- put some glue and dazzling diamonds on the chair from the Seasonal Layers die cut
Joanne say she knows it sounds real simple but she thought it sure took her a long time to make the card. Isn’t it true that sometimes the vision we have in our head just does quite come out the way we expected?
Now that you know how Joanne made such a fab moonlit night sky card, why do I think these are undeniably, absolutely, positively MUST HAVES for your own paper crafting supplies? Because they’re:
- efficient time savers. With dies and stamp sets working together (at least for the Colour Theory Suite) your prep time is cut in half so you get finished projects in no time!
- tried and true. They’re not just my favourite, they’re everyone’s! You will never tire of ideas available on the internet with either of these at your fingertips.
- versatile. These sets work for multiple occasions. Why with the Colour Theory Suite, you get every season of the year covered. I’ve had fun already designing these spring, summer, fall and winter cards this year alone.
- timeless. Lovely as a Tree was my very FIRST stamp set I bought with my Starter Kit more than 15 years ago. And I just keep using it. Why not when it’s such a beautiful set?
- adaptable. Both sets are perfect for just about any occasion. Birthday, masculine, Christmas, sympathy, friend, thanks…you’ve got them covered with these guys.
If you haven’t grabbed these two sets up already, get them NOW to add maximum versatility to your paper crafting!
Did you add those sets to your stash? If not, what are you waiting for? When you outfit yourself with MUST HAVE sets and supplies like these, you’ll never want for inspiration and ideas. I can promise you’ll be using them for YEARS! And maybe you’ll even pull them out to make a stamped moonlit night sky card just like Joanne did!