Today it’s all about ultra fast DIY notecards for special occasions! And notice I didn’t say “fast” but “ULTRA fast”! If you’ve got about 5 minutes, that’s all you’ll need, start to finish! Add in another minute or two for the envelope flap and that’s one quintessentially quick card!
It’d be great if we could spend all hours of the day getting creative, but that’s just not possible. So when the mood strikes, but you’ve only got a few minutes, this card is the one to make.
The secret is in the paper! A beautifully detailed designer series paper does ALL the work (with just a couple other touches ☺️).
Let’s take a look.
I had a hard time deciding which category this post fit the best…
- Keep It Simple Sunday, since there’s only a few easy supplies – and only 5 quick steps.
- Or Pick It-Cut It-Use It Up! with its show-stoppingly stunning designer series paper as the star of the card!
Which one do you think is number one?
I went with the Pick It-Cut It-Use It Up! with the Petal Promenade designer series paper. I predict you’ll cut into it im-ME-diately for ultra fast DIY notecards for special occasions once you see all of it!
Page after page (12 total, 2 of each double-sided designs) of lovely roses, carnations and hydrangeas with opposite sides in pretty rose-tinged marble, crinkled pink foil and peachy bokeh, you won’t be able to resist. And there’s plenty to craft up every single one of your 20 blank notecards…with leftovers!
See them all for yourself.
As Stampin’ Up! says, it’s “an abundance of festive flowers to properly celebrate everything that needs celebrating in life.”
What special occasions could you use it for? How about…
- Baby and bridal showers
- Retirement wishes
- Thinking of You
Wow! That’s a lot of versatility! And there’s enough variety with the 6 designs, you won’t get bored either! Think how fun it will be to craft with!
(Probably the only place I might not use it? For “manly” men! I’m sure they’d think it was pretty, but they would probably prefer this other Pick It-Cut It-Use It Up! card I shared last week. Much more macho!)
Make Ultra Fast Notecards for Special Occasions
The greeting comes from the new set, Another Wonderful Year. In case you missed it on page 11 of the 2018-19 Annual Catalogue, there’s a sentiment phrase here for just about every occasion. This made it a strong contender on my long list of must-haves.
I wanted a greeting both long enough and large enough to be easily seen, yet not so long it covered up the pretty paper peeking from each side. This one was perfect since I could two-tone the greeting using my markers. (See below for a pic of the how-to).
With matching banner ends, it was a quick and easy finishing touch and pulled the entire card together.
- Whisper White notecard and envelope (1)
- Petal Promenade DSP – 1 piece cut to 3 1/4” x 4 1/2”
- Whisper White thick cardstock – 1 piece 1” x 5”
- Cut your Petal Promenade designer series paper into three equal pieces along long (4 1/2”) edge at 3” and 1 1/2”
- Glue to front of the folded notecard. TIP1: glue middle piece first, then either side for exact centred placement.
- Ink word stamp with two colours of ink using Stampin’ Write markers (Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow) and stamp into middle of Whisper White strip. TIP2: use edge of brush tip marker for coverage. TIP3: “Huff” onto stamp to re-moisten the ink before stamping onto the strip.
- Punch each end of the strip with the Banner Triple punch. TIP4: use punch upside down so you can see the paper is centred before punching.
- Attach with dimensionals to middle front of the card.
Totally optional (but oh-so-pretty):
- Decorate the envelope flap with these steps:
- Apply SNAIL to the outside of the envelope flap near the edges and adhere matching piece of Petal Promenade DSP to flap. TIP5: No need to pre-cut your paper, just use an off-cut that is bigger than the flap. TIP6: a=Align the long edge of the paper with the folded edge of the flap and the end of the flap with one end of your paper.
So did you run down to your craft space and whip out some notecards and designer series paper? Was I right? Did it take ONLY 5 minutes, start to finish? I thought so!
To pick up your own package of this gorgeous paper to make some of these super quick cards, simply click on the images below.
Make Ultra Fast DIY Notecards for Special Occasions
I know we’d all love to spend hours in our delicious paper crafting rooms, oblivious to the world around us. If only we didn’t need to work, or houseclean, or feed the family.
So when you need a quick crafting “fix” or ultra fast DIY notecards for special occasions, make sure to turn to this lovely Petal Promenade designer series paper.