If the attendees at my Open House are any indication, the most popular 2018 Sale-a-bration stamp set is Heartfelt Blooms. I have to agree it’s right up there as one of my most favourite too! My Open House guests made this card to take home.
Super simple and quick, I thought it deserved a spot on my Keep It Simple Sunday series since it only combines stamping with a small strip of washi tape and you’re done. It would be really hard to have this card take longer than 5 minutes to make!
Isn’t the detail on this image gorgeous? It’s a brand new stamping style Stampin’ Up! is patenting called Distinktive Stamps. The image is created in such a way that the ink is laid down onto your surface at different levels to give it more depth. In fact, I think it’s almost like the 3D effect of the dynamic embossing folders.
So how did they get this effect? With a real photograph of flower bouquets turned into a stamp. Can you just imagine how heavenly it must have smelled in the office the day they were working on this particular stamp set?
The other sentiments in this set are a thank you and thinking of you. Perfect greetings for so many occasions. And when you can get this stamp set for free during Sale-a-bration, why wouldn’t you take advantage of this offer!
If you haven’t ever heard of Sale-a-bration, let me fill you in. Every year during January through March, Stampin’ Up! allows us to get more of what we all love – for FREE! Stampin’ Up! Brings out brand new stamp sets, papers, ribbons, and this year, dies. And there are three ways to earn free products: shop, join and host an event.
Why not contact me so you can get some of the fabulous FREE items too?
Here’s how you can make this super quick card from what just might be the most popular 2018 Sale-a-bration stamp set.
- Basic Black cardstok cut to 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- Whisper White cardstock – 2 pieces cut to 4” x 5 1/4”
- Pick a Pattern Washi tape – about 5 1/2” long
- Ink stamp with Peekaboo Peach and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock. TIP: you can stamp full strength or stamp once onto a scrap of paper then onto cardstock for a lighter finish. TIP2: lay your stamp on its back and ink with you stamp pad to get an even finish.
- Stamp words in Memento ink.
- Wrap washi tape along bottom edge and glue to front of folded Basic Black card.
- Glue second piece of Whisper White to inside (TIP: to make it easier to write on). TIP: if you wanted to take a THIRD impression of your image for the inside it will be an even fainter image you can then stamp your inside verse over.
While you don’t need to add the washi tape, I thought it grounded the panel just a bit. Check out how the wider washi tape adds to this other super simple card.
I’ve made up a bunch of these sympathy cards in different colours so I have them on hand for these sad occasions. I found I liked them best made with the soft subtle colours like So Saffron, Pink Pirouette and Soft Sky.
If you wanted to dress them up just a tad more, try adding some basic pearls or black rhinestones. Or perhaps a small wrapped ribbon instead of the washi tape. With simple cards like these, there are so many options to add your own personality.
To create this beautiful card yourself, here are the supplies I used. (When you order all of them, you will get the Heartfelt Blooms set absolutely FRE!)
Get the Most Popular 2018 Sale-a-bration Stamp Set for FREE
How about a last peek?
Beautiful handmade cards do not need to take a ton of time to make. A detailed, life-like stamp like the new Distinctive Heartfelt Blooms, some ink and a bit of washi tape is enough for you to send your own greetings. Best of all, you’ll be using what just might be the most popular 2018 Sale-a-bration stamp set for years to come – for FREE!