A simple Varied Vases Stampin Up thank you card is on tap for my Keep It Simple Sunday feature today. I never get tired of classic navy and white – how about you? And what’s not to like about a cute dazzling diamonds tulip with vivid green leaves?
I knew I was going to like this Varied Vases bundle, but I didn’t realize HOW much I was going to like it until I started playing! I was surprised at just how fabulous it is for a BUNCH of different techniques! In fact, I played so much, I HAD to build a class around it!
But let’s take a peek at just ONE of the designs I fell in love with!
I wasn’t too sure about the new Granny Apple Green. At first, I thought it was going to be too much like Lemon-Lime Twist. But I have to say, it’s got its own unique personality. It’s a deeper green colour, what you might call, spring green without the yellow undertones of the Twist.
But when I see it paired with these traditional neutrals I can’t get enough of it! What’s the moral of this little experience? Don’t look at colours by themselves and make a snap judgement. Sometimes it’s how they combine with other colours that make them unforgettable!
Here’s a closer view.
It’s a bit hard to tell in this pic but I’ve jazzed up the card just a tad with a sparkly tulip flower.
Fun huh? The sweet 1-3/8″ scallop circle punch adds a darling backdrop for our focal point flower and really pairs well with the gingham ribbon.
My punches are definitely my go-to for cards I can whip up in minutes. This other simple design made with paper scraps and the retired Tree Builder punch is a perfect example of sweet, fast, fun and gorgeous.
So let’s make a simple Vivid Vases Stampin Up Thank You Card
- Whisper White Thick cardstock – 1 piece 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″,another piece at least 2″ square and your final one 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Granny Apple Green cardstock – 5 3/8″” x 4 1/18″, a piece 5/8″ x 2″, scraps piece
- Night of Navy cardstock – 5 1/4″ x 4″, scrap about 1 1/2″ square
- Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper – scrap piece
- Night of Navy 1/2″ gingham ribbon – a piece about 6″ long
- Punch the following: a Night of Navy scalloped circle with the 1 3/8″ punch; a 1 1/2″ plain Whisper White circle and tulip from scrap of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper.
- Use Granny Apple Green scrap to punch three leaves with the Vases Builder punch. Trim one so it’s about 5/8″ long. (TIP1: trim it into a point so you have a “leafy” looking piece, just shorter than the one the punch makes.)
- Glue scalloped circle onto middle of white circle then arrange and glue three leaves onto front.
- Use mini dimensional to affix tulip as shown.
- Wrap the ribbon around the bottom of Night of Navy cardstock and adhere with a glue dot. Adhere to Granny Apple Green panel, then to the front of the folded card.
- Stamp thanks onto the strip of Whisper White with Night of Navy ink and trim each end into a banner.
- Use a dimensional to adhere to centre of Granny Apple Green strip. Trim each end into a banner and glue above circle.
How quick and EASY is that simple Varied Vases Stampin Up thank you card?
Suffice to say, this bundle has quickly zoomed to the TOP of my favourites list in the new catalogue (and that’s saying somethin’ when my Wish List is as long as my arm!).
And I know you’ll love it too. So much so you’re going to need to add it to your supplies immediately! And why not take my class and get the stamp set and four original and FAB designs to get you started creating? And if you want, add in the punch to make a complete card creating package!
Then with the supplies for this simple Varied Vases Stampin Up thank you card, you’ll have five different cards made before you know it! Simply click on the image below to order your goodies in my 24-7 online store.
You Can Make It Too
Cardmaking with bundles is one of the easiest ways to get your creative fix on! Why not come check out my class to see how versatile your own paper crafting can be with some simple tricks, and fantastic design?
Then once you’ve got those tricks, the sky’s the limit! And making this simple Varied Vases Stampin Up thank you card is a fast and fun way to share your creations with your friends and family.