Make this quick and easy Half Full Stampin Up card for all your friends who enjoy the odd (or more) glass of vino! Or maybe you yourself have been known to imbibe a little chardonnay or merlot on occasion? If that’s the case this stamp set absolutely NEEDS a place in your stamping stash!
But wait just a minute! This doesn’t have to only pertain to the wine-loving groupies out there. Take a peek and you’ll see it WILL work equally well for orange juice, soda pop and other beverages! So I predict you’ll be sending this card to teetotallers too when you can make it lickety split like this!
Isn’t it simple? Two stamps, a couple colours, and Bob’s your uncle! (where DID that saying come from anyway?)
Well…I have fancied up the colour just a wee smidge. Take a look from a slightly different angle.
See how the liquid is shiny? Cool right? There’s a super fun little technique I’m going to share below to get that effect no matter which beverage is going to fill YOUR glasses. Before I get to that, take a look at the full stamp set.
You may have thought it was only for the Christmas season! And while I did have a ball making this fun fold card with my Blends during the holidays, it’s WAAAY more versatile than that! And BONUS, it’s still available to order!
So now you know it’s not gone…
here’s all the deets to make a quick and easy Half Full Stampin Up card just like this:
- Fresh Fig cardstock 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- Shimmery White cardstock 4” x 5 1/4”
- Fold card and adhere Shimmery White to centre front.
- Stamp the image on bottom right of Shimmery White with Basic Black Archival ink.
- Centre words beneath image and stamp, also in Basic Black Archival ink. Allow to dry or speed up by drying with a heat gun.
- Squeeze out a small amount of Fine Tip Glue into two circles about 2” apart on your Silicone mat.
- Drop one drop of Fresh Fig reinker into one circle and one drop of Daffodil Delight into second circle. Use a clean toothpick to mix each colour.
- Pick up glue/ink with clean Aqua Painter and “paint” wine in glasses. (TIP: clean Aqua Painter as soon as you are done “painting” to remove any glue)
- Use Aqua Painter to then pick up very small amount of Smoky Slate ink from top of stamp pad and create LIGHT shadow beneath wine glasses.
- Allow to dry fully. (TIP: Up to overnight if possible so the glue won’t stick to envelope when put in the mail!)
So go grab your supplies…it’s your turn! And if you haven’t ordered the Half Full Stampin Up stamp set yet, there’s no time like the present!
You Can Make It Too
Wine is really a universal beverage don’t you think? I do think those monks were on to something hundreds of years ago! And now you can send greetings celebrating this mainstream drink.
Heck, why not grab a glass yourself before you start to make this quick and easy Half Full Stampin Up card – I think you’ll find this is such a light-hearted and fun set, you’re going to use it again and again – maybe even for hundreds of years!