Today I want to show you a fun stamp pad ink refills background my friend Janine created for her Merlin card. It’s so cute, you’ll be pulling out your re-inkers to give it a shot right away!
Isn’t it awesome? Those swirls and bursts of colour are just perfect with our little Merlin from the Magical Day stamp set.
And isn’t his expression priceless? Sort of a bored, yet mischievous glint in the corner of his eye! Janine coloured him with the Rich Razzleberry Blends and her Basic Gray marker.
Here’s a close up.
Want to make a fun stamp pad ink refills background?
- Spritz Shimmery White cardstock with plain water
- Touch refill tips into the water and release a small amount of ink (she used So Saffron, Calypso Coral and Pumpkin Pie refills)
- Add more spritz if the ink doesn’t immediately flow
- (You can also lightly blow onto the wet ink/water mix to get it to move in the direction you want)
- Let cardstock dry completely.
- Stamp stars randomly over the bursts of colour for some magic dust!
What other details make this card work so well?
- Merlin’s “crystal” ball which is one of the large clear faceted gems
- fabulous mix of bold, fun colours
- off-centred greeting stamped in two colours, on two colours of paper
Sadly, this fun set is retiring soon. I’ve played around with it quite a bit this winter. So many mythical creatures…a unicorn, mermaid, white knight, a dragon great for Harry Potter and Dundgeons & Dragons fans! But I love how the images work for ALL ages…from little tykes thrilled with mystical images…to older folks who still believe in magic 😉.
If you’ve been sitting on the fence about this set or bundle, sit no longer! It’ll soon be gone for good and I’d hate for you to miss out on bringing a little bit of make-believe to those you craft for.
And while you’re at it, why not pick up all the supplies Janine used to recreate this card at home? Simply click on the image to order from me and it will ship directly to your house in about a week. Thanks!
Make A Fun Stamp Pad Ink Refills Background Yourself!
And if you haven’t yet played around creating backgrounds with your re-inkers, here’s another thrity-second idea to get you inspired!
Once you start playing, you’re not going to want to stop – for anything! Dinner, sleep, housework…heck who needs clean socks when you’re having so much fun? And surely your twice-removed-second-cousin’s-great-aunt needs a card to celebrate her cat’s birthday doesn’t’ she? 🤣
Believe me, your re-inkers will dry up before you do! Then you’ll have treated cardstock galore for all kinds of great handmade projects with such a fun stamp pad ink refill background!