Staying power – that’s just one more reason why I love Big Shot cutting dies.
The Big Shot. It’s got a pretty “big” name, but it’s really such a small thing. But boy does it pack plenty of power to bring your crafting to new levels.
Take a look at this beautiful card by my friend Eileen.
Eileen brought this card to my June Open House and it received rave reviews. Although simple in design, her balanced layout and exact matting and alignment make it an unforgettable card. The Artistically Asian stamp set is beautiful and she’s used it to perfection.
But how did she finish off the bottom like that? With the Big Shot.
Do you remember the Top Note die? It looks like this.
It was the very first die I ordered when I took the plunge and got my Big Shot. In those days, our dies had a sturdy wood base and about 1 1/4” of foam with the blades encased inside. This was to protect us from getting cut when we were using it.
And you know I’ve used it again and again and again.
It’s hard to believe the Big Shot has only been around with Stampin’ Up! since 2009. It became a can’t-live-without-it tool in a wink of an eye. It was a big dollar decision to get one back then (and still a big decision now) but it’s one you will never regret. I use mine every day I’m in my craft studio.
Why I Love Big Shot Cutting Dies
- They never wear out. (At least I haven’t had one yet!)
- Precise cuts no matter how many times you run them through. Use them lots like I do with my faves (below) the cost per cut dwindles to almost nothing!)
- Staying power. Classic shapes you’ll use again and again (like I have with the Top Note)
- Easy to use. So quick and easy to run your die through. No more time consuming fussy cutting!
- Design options. Cut into folded cards, like Eileen did, cut out shapes, make tags, boxes, treat holders. You name it, you can pretty much make it.
- Versatility. Paper is only the beginning. Cut all kinds of materials like fabric, light balsa wood, foam, felt, leather, light magnet, plastic, chipboard…
- Selection. There are so many dies available for just about every occasion, holiday and hobby. Every sport and passion. From babies to toddlers, teens and adults, you’ll find a die perfect for anyone.
- Coordination. When dies perfectly fit my stamped images or my patterned paper designs, I’m in heaven!
Which dies do I use over and over?
- Right now, the Stitched Seasons Labels is at the top of the list. Check out this lovely flower card I shared a few weeks ago.
- Layering Circles, Oval and Squares. I use mine EVERY day, no kidding.
- Springtime Impressions. A new fave that makes card making a breeze with the beautiful butterfly.
- Detailed Dragonfly like you see here
- Seasonal Layers. Gotta love that Adirondack chair http://www.designwithjo.ca/creative-cards-stampin-dies/
- Sunshine Wishes. The words make it easy to brush letter like a pro!
- Pretty Pines. So easy to dress up these chocolates with them
- Large Letters (a bit of a gulp to purchase but well worth it)
And every time we have a new catalogue offering there’s always one that catches my eye and quickly goes into my “never-going-away” pile.
So if you’ve sat on the fence for a while about getting a Big Shot, sit no more. I can’t imagine any greater investment to take your paper crafting to new heights than a Big Shot. I’m so sure of it, if you find you never use it, I’ll buy it back from you. Guaranteed.
Why I Love Big Shot Cutting Dies