If you haven’t seen the Happy Wishes Stampin Up Sale-a-bration set yet, you’re going to want to add it to your collection – for FREE -when you see it in action. It was probably the first set to catch my eye when the Sale-a-bration flyer came out since there are just SO many possibilities for sentiments when you mix and match the 16 pieces. Yeah 16! It’s a double set!
The pretty cursive writing is casual, yet elegant and works perfectly with the bold, floral-y large greeting. I quite enjoy how the flower “garland” forms part of the word itself without detracting from the greeting. It’s a very similar style to this pretty card my friend Leslie made.
Take a peek at how we used it at my Open House in this simple, yet effective note card.
And here’s the whole set. How many word combinations can you come up with?
So right off the hop, I can count 18 greetings…and I’m sure there are many more we can come up with with a bit more time.
I knew immediately what I wanted to do with this set and the silvery and colourful Sweet Soiree designer series specialty paper. From this angle can you see the texture in the flowers? It’s just so touchable and cool!
TIP: This is one way I like to use any patterned paper. Create a border either on the top, bottom (like here) or on either side to anchor the card. It instantly adds a pop of pretty. (And your designer paper goes a super long way, when you’re just using small strips of it at a time – you know, in case you’re a paper hoarder – ahem collector – like me.) Then pick up colours and details from the paper to echo in the stamped image. It’s so easy it’s like taking candy from a baby (not that I would ever do that!)
Seeing as it’s Keep It Simple Sunday, let me give you the how-to to make this Happy Wishes Stampin Up Sale-a-bration card:
- Whisper White Notecard and envelope
- Sweet Soiree Designer Series Specialty Paper – 1/2” x 5”
- Attach your strip of designer series paper first.
- Turn large stamp over and ink with Versamark ink. Stamp onto top middle of notecard.
- Sprinkle with silver embossing poweder and heat with Heat Tool just until shiny.
- Colour flowers with detailed end of Stampin’ Write markers: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Calypso Coral. TIP: Knowing that I wanted to colour in a few flowers, the embossing has an added benefit. It creates a little raised edge to colour within so our marker doesn’t stray outside the flowers and leaves!!
- LIGHTLY swirl Rich Razzleberry sponge dauber over top of silver to leave slight shadow. TIP: only dab your dauber in your ink pad, swirl it onto a piece of scrap paper, then ever so slightly run it over your bottom swoosh.
- LIGHTLY rub a tissue over your embossing. This will pick up any ink that might be on top of the embossed “plastic”.
- Stamp cursive words in Rich Razzleberry.
- Affix one silver metallic enamel shape to card.
For an extra special professional touch, add the same patterned paper to the outside envelope flap. How to do this?
- Run SNAIL around outside edge of flap.
- Line up straight edge of patterned paper at the top and left hand side and adhere.
- Turn envelope over and use Paper Snips to cut around flap.
Any $120 order will get you this set for absolutely nothing – free – gratis! So stock up on your cardstock, adhesive, ink or envelopes. You know you’re going to use them right? And why would you let this exclusive set pass you by when you can use it for so many occasions?
You Can Make It Too
Have you added this beautiful set to your order? You want to do it now since here’s the Sale-a-bration fine print: “Product availability may be limited towards the end of the promotional sales period.” I’d hate for you to miss out! Plus I’m a bit selfish. I want to see what great ideas you come up with with this Happy Wishes Stampin Up Sale-a-bration 2018 double set!