Who says handmade birthday cards for men are hard? Let me show you a classy yet simple card with the Country Road stamp set, (one I think is a bit underrated) in the Annual catalogue.
How gorgeous are those pussy willows? Remember looking for those when you were a kid as the first sign of spring? Now, I know it’s not spring right now, but with the fall-ISH copper embossing powder it works, doesn’t it?
So let me ask you…
Have you got a – or more than one – guy who fits this description?
- Likes subtle colours?
- Is a family guy?
- Enjoys the outdoors and nature?
- Is a western-kind of fella?
- Has a birthday occasionally? 😜
If you answered yes to any of those questions, this card is for you!
Admittedly you might not find as many stamps that lend themselves to masculine greetings. But for handmade birthday cards for men, this Country Road set is a no-brainer! Let’s take a peek.
Wanna know something else? This is a really economical set too. You can pick up the clear set for only $27 CDN. So I know it won’t take me long to get my $$$ back. Gotta love it!
In fact, I made two of these cards already. One for my dad’s 80th birthday and another for my adult nephew’s special day. They were pretty quick, simple and a perfect choice to help them both celebrate.
What are MY favourite parts for these handmade birthday cards for men?
- dry embossed Pinewood Planks panel sponged randomly with Early Espresso ink
- a two-tone Happy Birthday banner. (True Story – I didn’t even know that framelit in the Bunch of Banners made a border like that😉! Guess I need to use it more!)
- subtle colour selection. The WOW factor is the copper layer and of course,
- beautiful copper embossed pussy willows…
- a fully decorated inside.
I’ll bet you have most of the other supplies already in your craft room to make this card. And if not, you can add whatever you need here. Thanks so much for shopping with me.
Handmade Birthday Cards for Men
Now I’d like to hear from you. What do you find challenging about making cards for the guys in your life? Leave me a comment.
And let me know what other favourite Stampin’ Up! sets you love to use to help your men celebrate their happy day.
Lovely as a Tree? Coffee Cafe? Picture Perfect Birthday?
And be sure to stick around. I’ll share more ideas for handmade birthday cards for men over the next little while.