How to Decorate Stampin Up Clear Tiny Treat Boxes Birthday Style
Need a quick and easy goodie holder? You just can’t beat a clear tiny treat box. Inexpensive, cute and durable. In fact, a bit like tofu! You know, awful bland on its own, but takes on whatever taste of sauce of spice you throw at it!
Pick up a package today! There are SO many ways to decorate these for every goodie giving event! Here’s a couple you may remember i shared. Elegant New Year’s party treats or my spooky Hallowe’en box.
And because they go together so fast, how perfect for my Keep it Simple Sunday! A little cutting, glueing, and a teeny bit of stamping and you’re done. See it for yourself.
I tell ya, just so darn cute! The Picture Perfect Party desiger paper is gorgeous. One side shows photos of happy birthday related items like donuts, baloons, and noisemakers like you see here. The other has all kinds of colourful patterns.
And although they’re a petite 2 inches square, it’s amazing just how many goodies fit inside. Besides the obvious chocolates and jujubes, I’ve used them for a small jewelry item or a couple lip balms. I think they might work even for some special bath salts or spices. Really once you start filing them up and gifting them, you’ll need a second package!
I want to show you everything I used for this pint-sized package so you can picture it as I give you the recipe below. Order up your supplies and you’ll easily have enough to decorate the 16 boxes that come in each package.
How to Decorate Stampin Up Clear Tiny Treat Boxes Birthday Style!
Before you get going on how to decorate Stampin Up clear tiny treat boxes birthday style, remove the protective plastic wrapping from the clear tiny treat box but don’t make your box. (TIP: Leave it flat to attach papers to sides of box since you’ll be able to use a bit more pressure to adhere the paper to the plastic.)
- 6 pieces Picture Perfect Partyy designer series paper cut to 1-15/16” (TIP: since the paper is 6” x 6”, you’ll be able to get all out of one piece)
- Strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock cut to 1/2” x 4 1/2”
- Tiny scrap Whisper White Thick cardstock
- Black shimmer ribbon – piece about 7” long
Recipe: Clear Tiny Treat Box
- Attach a glue dot in each of four corners on FIVE of the squares of patterned paper and adhere to four sides and top of box. (TIP: take your paper and place a corner on the glue dot ON the roll. Apply a little pressure, then lift your paper up and the glue dot should come with it.)
- Open up and put the box together, bending along the score lines and interlocking the bottom.
- Turn box so the open lid is facing you. Set the last piece of patterned paper in the bottom.
- To finish up the box front, punch a little half moon circle right where there is a half moon cut out of the box plastic with your 1/2” circle punch.
- Wrap black ribbon around box lid, then close lid. Knot it and clip ribbon ends.
Recipe: Party “Noisemaker”
- Stamp Happy Birthday several times along strip of Bermuda Bay in Memento ink, starting at the right hand side and leaving about 3/8” to attach your ‘fringe”.
- Run strip along edge of bone folder to form into a spiral, leaving one birthday greeting showing.
- Stamp fringe in Berry Burst on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with scissors.
- Glue fringe on top of right hand side of Bermuda Bay strip with liquid glue.
- Feed noisemaker under ribbon and attach with glue dot to box lid.
If you think this noisemaker birthday box is cool, why not check out my funny bunny Easter treat box too! Although there are a few more steps involved, once you see how full of personality he is you’ll be inspired to make some this Easter.
If you love to package up small goodies to gift, these mini boxes are da BOMB!! Versatile, speedy and fun. Once you get started on how to decorate Stampin Up clear tiny treat boxes birthday style, don’t stop there – get in the groove for Mother and Father’s Day too!