It’s time to get our your supplies and make a happy card for WCMD 2017! This is the one day every year devoted exclusively to us paper crafters and card makers! So let’s all take advantage of it and play until the cows come home! In honour of WCMD (World Card Making Day) I designed a card easy to duplicate, using two of my favourite In Colours: Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist. Take a gander at what I have for you today before I give you the how-to’s.
Let’s just say I had to be encouraged to get the Eastern Palace Suite when it debuted as an early release in May. I’m sure glad I had that little push because now it’s right up up there with Colourful Seasons for my favourite bundle in the catalogue. Here’s just a few of the many reasons why:
- the dies, the dies, the dies! This medallion is simply gorgeous like I used it in this one!
- ease of use – even though not really a two-step stamping set, I made it one for this card
- versatility – see how I used the die for something completely different in this one
- the paper – the specialty paper is absolutely beee-you-tiful like I used here
OK now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, want to know how to make it?
- Berry Bust cardstock 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- Very Vanilla cardstock 3 3/4” x 3 3/4”
- Lemon Lime Twist cut with largest circle framelit
- Fresh Fig punched with 1 3/4” circle punch
- Berry Burst punched with 1” circle punch
- Berry Burst and Fresh Fig ink
- About 13” Fresh Fig 1/2” finely woven ribbon
- Stamp right hand side of folded Berry Burst card with star image in Berry Burst ink. Do not extend past the half way mark. Tie ribbon along bottom of card and secure with a double knot quite far to the right of card. Set aside.
- Centre and nest three dies together in middle of Very Vanilla cardstock and run through Big Shot. (TIP1: Hold them in place with washi tape if they move around a little. TIP2: Although a Precision Base Plate will make this easier, if you use a Magnetic Platform like I did, run it through 2-3 times.)
To get a better idea of which dies I used, this is what they look like on the cutting side.
Stamp the little decoration 8 times around the inside of the medallion in Fresh Fig ink, reinking your stamp each time.
Place dabs of liquid of Fine Tip glue onto back middle section of Very Vanilla medallion and place 1” Berry Burst Circle directly over top. Dab more glue on the back around the Berry Burst circle and on the circle itself and position the Fresh Fig 1 3/4“ circle directly over top. Dab glue on remaining pieces of the back and glue directly only the Lemon Lime Twist circle. Let dry a few minutes.
Stamp words in Berry Burst along bottom of medallion and adhere to front of card with dimensionals. Attach one glitter enamel shape into middle of medallion.
So now you can go ahead and make a happy card for WCMD 2017 too. Or if you needed to be “encouraged” like me, here is the bundle and the rest of the supplies I used. Simply click on the image to take you to my online store and it will be on its way to you lickety split.
You Can Make It Too
Here’e one last peek.
Now that I’ve been converted to a Eastern Palace fan, I can see all kinds of other possibilities for this super bundle. With its the coordinated embellishments and the multitude of designs you can create with the medallion dies, it’s one that I hope will be around a long time. So although it was awesome to make a happy card for WCMD 2017, keep your eyes on my blog – I know you’ll be seeing more of this in my future.