If you’re pressed for time there’s nothing quicker than to make simple handmade birthday cards with patterned paper. I should know, because it seems I’m ALWAYS running behind.
You’d think with the type of work I do, I’d have loads of cards ready to go right? If only!! So let me show you how I whip up super fun and fast cards when my husband has the car running and I’ve got one shoe on!
No kidding! Does that ever happen to you? You think you have ALL the time in the world and you’re dilly dallying around…and then WHAM! You realize you’re supposed to be out the door, with make up and EVERYTHING in 20 minutes? With a yummy homemade dessert AND a chilled bottle of wine? And with a handmade card? YIKES!
Well, I might not have the answers for the yummy homemade dessert (although you could check out my Pinterest Recipes board for a sweet one 😋). But I do know how to slap together a pretty mean handmade card in mere minutes!! Even one with a sumptuous bow like this Shimmer Black one!
Just like with this other fast and fun birthday box, the Picture Perfect Birthday designer series paper stack comes to the rescue! It really IS perfect for just about anyone…kids, adults, husbands (not that your husband isn’t an adult 😁), grandparents, boys, girls… With such bright and cheery patterns, I know your family and friends will be delighted to get this card.
You can find it on page 5 of the Occasions catalogue. It’s a steal of a deal at only $12.50 Cdn for 48 sheets! That’s only 26 CENTS a piece! But you’re going to want to get your package soon before it’s no longer available! (we’re more than half way through the Occasions catalogue already!)
So what are the timesavers on this card?
- super colourful patterned paper that does ALL the work so you don’t have to!
- simple two panel layering
- a stitched oval die cut already cut out and waiting in my bin on my desk
- only one stamped image with lots of personality
Here’s all you need to do for this simple handmade birthday cards with patterned paper
- Lemon-Lime Twist 4 1/4” x 9”, scored at 3 1/2”
- Basic Black 4” x 5 1/4”
- Picture Perfect Birthday DSP – 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Whisper White Thick – scrap 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” (or a pre-cut stitched oval)
- Black shimmer ribbon – about 18”
- Stamp greeting in Memento ink on middle of stitched oval die cut. Turn over and apply Stampin’ Dimensionals (4)
- Glue patterned paper to Basic Black. Wrap ribbon around from the back and tie into a bow just left of the middle (TIP1: don’t skimp on your ribbon here and then it’s just like you’re tying your shoe!) (TIP2: I place my card so I’m looking at it from the top and then tie my bow. I usually get the tails going the right way then!)
- Apply glue to front of folded card and place balloon panel on top.
- Remove backing from Stampin’ Dimensionals and place over top of ribbon on right hand side. (TIP3: It’s best not to glue your ribbon in place in case you need to slide it to the left or right to get your oval placed properly.)
OK, now it’s up to you! But hey, don’t be like me. Grab the Picture Perfect Party paper and make up a bunch of these so you have them to pull out at a moment’s notice. Here’s the short list of supplies!
Like I said in this post, it took me a little while to warm up to this particular designer paper. But don’t you find that’s the case for a lot of things in a catalogue? But once you see it in action and then get a pack and play with it you wonder how you lived without it?
So pick up a package today so you’re not disappointed when it’s no longer available. Then create a bunch of simple handmade birthday cards with patterned paper so you never have to be running out the door and stamping at the same time again – like me!