Today I want to show you my latest in my simple thank you card ideas. Quick, pretty and a bit whimsical, you’re going to want to whip up a few of these right away to have on hand.
Make sure you read all the way through! I’ve got tons of tips for you!
Watercolouring is my go-to technique for gorgeous and super-quick backgrounds. This one probably took about 30 seconds (I give you all the steps below). Waiting for it to dry was the most excruciating part!
And you DO want to make sure it’s dry. Because you know what happens if you don’t? Your greeting gets all blurry. And yes, once again, that is the voice of experience – unfortunately – talking! One day I’ll learn ☺️.
Take a closer look and leave me a comment about which is your favourite part?
- The watercoloured square?
- How about the polka dot tulle ribbon (so fun and dainty)?
- Maybe the scalloped Flirty Flamingo matting square (classic and the perfect complement to the ribbon)?
- Or perhaps the simple greeting and rhinestone (beautiful font and simple embellishment)?
Simple Thank You Card Ideas
- Thick Whisper White – 5 1/5” x 8 1/2”
- Basic Black – 4” x 5 1/4”
- Watercolour paper – 2” x 2”
- Flirty Flamingo – 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle ribbon – spice about 17” long
- Squeeze one drop of each refill colour onto a clear acrylic block. TIP1: place in three of four corners so the colours don’t get mixed up.
- Use Aqua Painter to lay down a rough square with plain water on the watercolour square. TIP2: Take your square about 1/8” away from the edge of the paper.
- Pick up So Saffron and drop into wet. TIP3: It should immediately spread to other areas of the square. If not, add a bit more water from your Aqua Painter.
- Clean Aqua Painter on a piece of paper towel and pick up Flirty Flamingo and tap onto another part of watercolour square.
- Repeat (4) with Calypso Coral. TIP4: move the paper around and let the colours flow together.
- Let dry. TIP5: I prefer to let my paper air dry although you could use your heat tool. Why? I find I get a “harder line” of dried colour when I use my heat tool.
Make Your Card
- Stamp greeting with Memento ink onto bottom right of dried – super dried😁 – watercoloured square.
- Cut out scalloped square (2 1/4” size) and adhere watercoloured square on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Wrap tulle ribbon around Basic Black panel and tie a bow on left-hand side.
- Glue to front of folded Whisper White card.
- Adhere square to the left side of the card over top of the ribbon with Liquid glue. Attach small rhinestone next to greeting.
Here’s a hint. Make up a batch of these squares so you have them on hand. Then your simple thank you card ideas will be even quicker to put together.
OK, let’s get you into your craft space so you can get busy! All the supplies I used are here. Simple click on an image and your items will ship directly to you in about a week.
Simple Thank You Card Ideas
Got some watercolour squares all ready to go? Great! Then go grab your stamps and paper and let’s make simple thank you card ideas.