My spooky cat Hershey’s kiss treat holder was a HIT at my Open House last night! It was a last minute thought I had when I was falling asleep the night before. And I’m happy to say that when I put punch and cutter to paper yesterday morning, my thought turned out exactly like I imagined it in my pre-nocturnal state. Now that hardly EVER happens so I thought I’d better share it with you so you could make some too!
Aren’t they just adorable? Can’t you see making up a bunch of these for Hallowe’en, or for all your co-workers for National Cat Day (which is October 29th, BTW)? They are a cinch to make, have EXTREMELY few supplies and only take a couple minutes to put together. That makes it a purr-fect (sorry, couldn’t resist) project in my books! Treat holders are a fun way to share Hallowe’en – or any kind of – treats with friends, family and co-workers. Here’s a treat box I made last year to share with friends at Thanksgiving.
Let’s take a side view shot then we’ll take a peek at my video.
- your choice of cat coloured cardstock
- baker’s twine
- Punch out two cats with the Spooky Cat punch in matching colours
- Cut a small piece of matching cardstock 3/4” x 2 1/2” and score at 3/4” and 1 3/4″
- Fold up strip along score lines
- Use a strong adhesive like Fast Fuse or Tear and Tape on the folded up ends of the cardstock strip
- Attach one cat to one side, then match up the second cat to the back side
- Attach Hershey’s kiss to a glue dot then put into the middle of the strip
- Use a glue dot to hold the cat heads together
- Decorate with rhinestones or baker’s twine
The Spooky Cat punch is BRAND NEW in the 2017 Holiday catalogue and just became available today to purchase. If it’s anything like the Daisy punch, it might sell out extremely quickly. So make sure you get yours today so you can get these ready to go for the end of October. Simply click on the image below to go to my 24-7 online shop to get yours delivered to your door!
There’s such a wonderful choice of Hershey’s kiss flavours, you’ll want to whip up a few of these earmarked specially for the chocolate – and cat – lover’s in your life. In my world, I’ve found chocolate always packs a super happy message. And no “kitten” around, when they’re sandwiched in a super cute spooky cat Hershey’s kiss treat holder like this, be prepared for cat kisses back!