I love this Above the Clouds decorated pizza box! It’s bright and cheerful, takes only a few minutes to craft, and I could use one of the pizza boxes I painted up like this one with a cool texture.
So I have a question for you…do you think this is only limited to gals? Or do you know a macho guy that would get a kick out of it too?
This one is pretty straight up two step stamping and punching. What makes it stand out is the colour combo and the focal point label.
I love this colour combination. It’s punchy. A tad different. And it screams SUMMER!
Jo’s Design Tips for Above the Clouds Decorated Pizza Box
1.Mix up your shapes. The circular balloons are stunning against the two layering circles. But the strips of ribbon and label mimic the straight edges of the box and add balance and interest.
2. Add background interest. Spritz your box, and the matching belly band with Mango Melody. It will dry a bit lighter so adds one more tone element to your design.
3. Use two-step stamping to your advantage. No need for more ink colours like I used on this chipper diorama card. When you stamp off one time onto scratch paper before stamping your solid balloons, you can easily get a totally different shade, not to mention texture!
4. Add a hint of the unexpected. Did you see the white clouds peeking from behind the balloons? Your craft white (stamped off one time) makes almost transparent clouds.
5. Play outside the lines. Each ballon and the greeting poke beyond the boundaries of the circle dies. Who says you need to stay within it?
6. Let’s be odd! Odd numbers and shapes of rhinestones set off the two balloons, two ribbons and two baskets. it makes everything more pleasing to the eye. And as we were working with a smaller shape, three was plenty here. Five or seven would’ve probably been too many.
Decorate Your Own Pizza Box!
These mini pizza boxes are an ideal size. For a sweet treat, chocolate, candies, mini note cards..just about any cute gift item for family and friends. And this design could celebrate just about anyone.
Get all your supplies by ordering online with me if you live in Canada. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. Let me spoil you with Sunny Rewards (aka FREEBIES!) when you use my August host code CTGHVBTN.Above the Clouds Decorated Pizza Box
Thanks A Bunch
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my designs. I hope you picked up an idea or two to play along in your own craft space.
I’ve got another fun project coming your way with the Above the Clouds bundle. So make sure you drop back in to see it. There’s lots more in store besides this Above the Clouds decorated pizza box.