One of the easiest ways to add variety to your handmade cards is to use card folding techniques for card making. Let me show you a fun fold with my photo tutorial that’s so easy, you’ll send EVERY card out the door making this design!
Then when you run out of ideas for this fold, grab my Creative Folds online class for five more ideas!
Now it’s time to play with the sailor squirrel for a bright and cheery fun fold card.
A bit unexpected colours for our nursery rhyme figures isn’t it? Why not Poppy Parade, Mango Melody and Call Me Clover for a pick-me-up kind of card? And take a peek at the fun inside!
It’s a blast to add fun folds as a technique to fancy up your cards. And when you can make them in minutes, what could be better?
Get five more simple ideas in my Creative Folds online class.
Card Folding Techniques for Card Making
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Poppy Parade cardstock – 1 piece 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, 2nd piece 2 1/2″ x 9 3/8″, scored at 5 1/8″
- Mango Melody cardstock – 4″ x 7 1/2″, scored at 2 1/4″
- Painted Seasons DSP (FREE with your $120 CDN order right now) – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White – 2 1/4″ x 4 7/8″
- Call Me Clover 1/8″ grosgrain ribbon – two pieces about 10″ long each
Jo’s Design Details
- Start by folding my scored pieces of Poppy Parade and Mango Melody cardstock along the score lines.
- Next adhere your large piece of patterned paper to the inside of the Mango Melody cardstock.
- Then stamp the flower from A Big Thank You in coordinating ink to add interest to the fronts of your cards.
- Stamp words and one flower onto your piece of Whisper White cardstock. Adhere to inside of folded Poppy Parade “card”.
- Then add your ribbon. Here’s how to do it.
Lay your piece of Mango Melody cardstock flat with the flowers you just stamped on the left. Tape down a piece of ribbon about 1 1/2″ in with Tear & Tape. TIP: Adhere to the side that DOES NOT have flowers stamped on it. TIP: I used two pieces of Tear & Tape to make it secure.
Close Poppy Parade “card” then place your handheld 1/8″ punch as far as it will go into the FRONT of the card. Punch your hole.
Insert second piece of ribbon from the INSIDE through the hole and secure with two pieces of Tear & Tape.
Assemble your Card
- Fold both cards shut and turn over. Add Tear & Tape to all sides.
- Remove tape backing from Mango Melody and adhere to single sheet of Poppy Parade 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Remove tape backing from Poppy Parade and line up right hand fold with edge of the patterned paper. TIP: Keep an eye on the inside card to make sure it’s straight.
Decorate the front
- Stamp the squirrel in Early Espresso ink and colour the flower ONLY with Stampin’ Blends. TIP: Let dry slightly or give it a shot with your Heat Tool and your blend will work perfectly and not smear a bit!
- Run through 2 1/8″ layering circle with your Big Shot.
- Crop next size up scallop circle in Mango Melody and glue together.
- Adhere over top of Tear & Tape with dimensionals.
Get More Creative Fold Card Tutorials
If simple fun folds is how you like to decorate your cards, you’ll love my online Creative Folds class! Full how-to videos and pdfs to make 5 awesome creative fold designs. All it takes is a simple click to make fabulous cards just like this one.
Over to You!
Ok, time to get busy in your craft area!
Here is everything you will need to make this cheerful fun fold card. To order any of these supplies, simply click on an image below.
Remember! Until March 31st, all your orders count towards free Sale-a-Bration items. That means, with every $60 CDN order, you get to pick out free goodies! And $120 CDN will net you the Painted Season patterned paper (I used here) with its lovely coordinating stamp set!Card Folding Techniques for Card Makers
Make sure you add some coordinating pizzazz to your envelope too. All I did was add two small strips of the DSP to the side of the envelope front. Now all I need to do is letter my friend’s name with my Poppy Parade Stampin’ Write marker and it’s ready to pop in the mail.
Want to get your cards noticed? Add immediate interest with card folding techniques for card making – I guarantee you’ll have fun and they’ll LOVE ’em!