Let’s see how special card making with patterned paper is!
Whenever I’m running a little late or need a quick card with lots of class, patterned paper is my “go to”.
It’s so fast to make a pretty card like this.
The inspiration for this card came from my friend Lillian. She sent me a Christmas card with this layout using the Curvy Dies. I loved the simplicity of it so designed a similar idea featuring the Well Suited designer series paper and, as it turns out, some retiring items.
Wanna make this card? Keep reading…
Card Making with Patterned Paper
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Well Suited Designer Series Paper – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Night of Navy – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″, 2nd piece 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Seaside Spray – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White – 4″ x 5 1/4″, scrap
- Seaside Spray metallic ribbon – about 6″
Let’s Make It!
- Select curvy die you like (mine has the more decorative cutouts you can see above) and place it about 1/3 of the way from the left of the designer series paper. TIP: Make sure the cutting line on the die is to the LEFT of the cutouts. Run through die cutting machine then remove and run die brush over top to remove the intricate cutouts.
- Tie ribbon around the narrowest part of the curve and knot.
- Next glue the larger curved die cut (with the cutouts) to the front of the Night of Navy panel and then glue to the piece of Seaside Spray and then glue this to the front of the folded card base.
- Stamp birthday greeting in Night of Navy ink onto scrap of Basic White and cut out with tag die from the Dockside Dies set. Add to bottom right front of card with dimensionals.
- Stamp inside greeting onto Basic White panel and glue to inside of card (see below). Glue second piece of curvy DSP to inside panel.
- Add Opal Rounds gems to front of card.
This is a wonderful card which will look so different depending on the type of designer paper you use. Here it is in exactly the same colours but featuring another pattern from the Well Suite patterned paper!
Much more masculine!
If you like the font in these greetings, you might also like to take a peek at this masculine card made with the same set.
Over to You Stamper!
There are several items from this card retiring soon! You will want to order them fast to be assured of getting them as items are only available while supplies last!
- Curvy Dies
- The Well Suited designer series paper
- By the Dock stamps and Dockside dies
- Seaside Spray cardstock
- Seaside Spray metallic ribbon
Add them to your own stash by clicking on any of them here.Get Them While You Can!
Thanks So Much
I always appreciate when you can stop by and check out what I’ve been playing with in my studio. I hope it gives you a starting point to get into your own craft room and have fun!
I’d love to hear if you give card making with patterned paper a try – make a card like this with whatever patterned paper you have then send me a photo of it anytime at [email protected].