You know how you make cards for best friends forever? Your BFF? Well what about if that friend is an over-the-top, pull-out-all-the-stops, pantingly-sweet-on-canines dog lover?
Then you make them one with the Happy Tails bundle just like this!
I love this bundle. Not only is it perfect for masculine greetings, it’s super easy to make multiple types of pups, each with its own personality! Like my “reverse” Dalmation!
I have a photo tutorial for you to build that doghouse a bit further in my post. But before you skip to that, let’s take a peek at everything you’ll need to make it yourself at home. Missing something? Just click on any picture below😀.Cards for Best Friends Forever
Jo’s Design Details
- pull out your Versamark pad and white emboss powder for this two-step stamping Dalmation”-ish” pup, Spot TIP: make sure to use your Embossing Buddy over your black cardstock first so no stray specks are left behind
- Add a panel of black cardstock embossed with the Pinewood Planks dynamic embossing folder for a bit more texture behind the doghouse
- I did try to pick a colour other than Basic Black for my card base but it really didn’t add any oomph to the card…hence black on black😁
- punch your greeting with a circle punch TIP: the 1 3/4″ punch fits beautifully
- Spot needed a home so I designed his doghouse and thought you might like the dimensions and steps too
Photo Tutorial Steps to Make a Dog House
- Cut a piece of Wood Textures DSP into a 3 1/2″ x 3″ rectangle.
- Crop off 2 strips 1/2″ each
- Trim edges off the top in a diagonal
- Put liquid glue on FRONT along top diagonal cut edges
- Attach 2 strips Wood Textures DSP on top of the glue so reverse side shows
- add right side, then lay the left on top so the end matches up with the end of the right
- Cut off ends of each “roof” side to match
- crop 2nd smallest layering oval framelit to make the doorway
- Do not discard (we’ll use this on the card too!)
- Cut rectangle 1 3/8″ x 2″ and glue behind door
- Trim excess from bottom
Add a sign with the tiny letters in the Pick a Pennant stamp set. TIP: make them a bit wonky as if they are hand painted by a child for fun!
What ways could you use this doghouse in your own designs? Maybe on a scrapbook page? Or in a home decor piece? I’d love to have you share it with me. Take a few minutes to email me at [email protected]. Or if you’re a Design with Jo VIPeep, post it on our page so everyone can see!
Love this bundle like me? Did you see this quick and easy card? How many of you have dogs you consider your BFF? I know I’ve got one curled up on his bed and snoring behind me right now.
But even if you don’t have a canine companion? When you design handmade cards for best friends forever like this one, they will treasure them – they might even bury them away to take out for another sniff later!