Cards of encouragement for friends are especially welcome as we navigate our way through the coronavirus pandemic. Today I’ve got a super simple fun fold design using the Good Morning Magnolia bundle and designer paper.
Someone special is really going to appreciate getting this card in the mail….not only because it’s so pretty but because it’s just a little bit different!
Probably one of the simplest fun fold designs you will ever make! Let’s see…
With a slightly different fold, it’s an easel card, without the easel!
Jo’s Design Tips for Cards of Encouragement for Friends
- Cut down the large flower to fit. I first stamped, then coloured and cropped the magnolia with my die cutting machine. Then my Paper Snips came in handy to trim off the stem.
- Blend your Stampin’ Blends with the Color Lifter Blend the Light Petal Pink out to almost no colour by layering the clear Color Lifter on top. I show you how in this video (start watching about 9:30!)
- Make sure you stamp on the right panel! You want to stamp your greeting on the 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ panel that is closest to the end of the card (the Thinking of You in the image above). I first stamped it on the 2 3/4″ piece to the left of it then had to cover it over with a matching piece of designer series paper (which luckily added to the overall card anyway! 😋)
- Add lift to the inside greeting. The front of the card needs somewhere to rest up against for the card to act as an easel. So make sure you affix your greeting with Stampin’ Dimensionals or Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Add some bling! My Facebook Group, the VIPeeps tell me you always need some bling! So I added a touch of liquid glue to the middle of my Frosted Flower embellishment and attached one Champagne Rhinestone.
Give a Fun Fold a Try
If you’ve never tried a fun fold card, this would be an easy one to start with! Very little scoring and lots of splash with the gorgeous designer paper.
Here’s how: Take your 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of cardstock and score it at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. Fold the middle together, then fold the smaller portion also into the middle. That’s really all it takes!
While the Good Morning Magnolia stamps and Magnolia Memory Dies are not retiring, a couple items here are: the Magnolia Lane DSP, the Pineapple Punch Stampin’ Blends, the Frosted Flower embellishments and the ability to save 10% on the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle. So make sure you pick those up before they are no longer available!
Wanna see another one of these easy easel cards?
Thanks for Stopping In
I love when you come for a visit. Be sure to leave me a comment or drop me an email at [email protected] to let me know how you liked today’s project.
Here’s a final peek at our card.
Have you been wondering how to connect with people during this time of sheltering in place or isolation? Cards of encouragement for friends are the perfect way to let them know you’re thinking of them – they will absolutely love receiving one from you!