Today for the last in my Christmas Traditions punch box feature, I want to show you Christmas hand made cards ideas step by step. And you know it’ll be simple – and fast. ‘Cause it’s Keep it Simple Sunday!
- traditional red and green
- some silver shine and shimmer
- a pretty polka dot see-thru ribbon
Yessirreee, got all the bases covered!
The punch box makes this card a snap with its fun shape. I’ve matted it by taking a second Real Red punch and cutting it in half width-wise and gluing it to the back of the sentiment. In fact it’s exactly what I did with the greeting on this twist fold card video.
Here’s another view.
So let’s dive in!
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Real Red cardstock 5 1.2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”, scraps
- Whisper White cardstock – 4” x 5 1/4”, scrap
- All is Bright DSP – 3 3/4” x 5”
- Silver Foil sheet – 1 1/8” x 1 5/8”
- Polka dot tulle ribbon – piece about 10”
Christmas Hand Made Cards Ideas Step by Step
- Stamp greeting in Call Me Clover ink and punch out.
- Punch out a Real Red shape and cut in half horizontally. Glue to the back of the greeting so one frames the top and one frames the bottom of the sentiment. See the TIP on my Facebook Group.
- Glue to front of silver foil rectangle so the edges are aligned as shown.
- Adhere All is Bright paper to Whisper White panel. Wrap ribbon along left hand side and tie in a knot near the bottom. TIP: Don’t pull the knot too tight as it looks a bit more pleasing. Glue panel to front of folded card.
- Affix matted greeting to left bottom of card with dimensionals.
- Add three clear epoxy shapes as desired.
So I’m wondering. Which has been your favourite project with the Christmas Traditions Punch Box so far? Leave me a comment please so I don’t need to wonder anymore!
- my Christmas bag and tag?
- the elegant decorated clear tiny treat box?
- my non-traditional coloured soft and classy greeting card?
- or today’s traditional coloured quick and easy card?
PS. I also did an exclusive FB Live project for my VIPeeps group yesterday. Come join now and take a peek.
No matter what you design with this punch, stamps and ink, your projects big and small are sure to please your friends and family. How about making little gift tags for your presents? Or a cellophane wrapped table favour? Maybe a gift card holder? I know your punch box will come in handy for years!
To recreate this project, here are all my supplies. When you use host code NXX3MJV4 and place an order of $75, you’ll automatically get my bonus gift the following month! Check out this month’s gift. Thanks so much for supporting my business.
Christmas Handmade Cards Ideas Step by Step
Well, that about wraps up my Christmas cards for this year! Yup, I figure you’ve got lots of ideas to keep you going if you need a last minute Christmas card crafting session. You only need to take a peek at the last few weeks of Keep It Simple Sundays for some fast and fun inspiration.
But don’t worry. I’ve still got lots of festive ideas for your last minute gifts and wrapping starting with Tuesday’s project. Make sure you check back to see what it is!
Besides, I think maybe you might like to get a few non-Christmas ideas too maybe? From the Annual Catalogue? Yeah that old dusty thing that’s chock full of creativity but hasn’t seen a lot of love lately? And I’m also going to start sneaking in a few peeks at items from the Occasions catalogue available in January. Yippee!
So there’s all kinds of things coming to keep you inspired. And if you do need another last minute card, make sure to come back to these Christmas hand made cards ideas step by step to some quick crafting.