The simplicity of heart shape cutouts for handmade cards can’t be overstated. If you don’t yet have the Be Mine Stitched Framelits in your stash of paper crafting goodies, this one just might tip the scale in its favour!
Fresh, clean and maybe just a teensy bit elegant? What do you think?
I have a brand new favourtist colour. Soft Seafoam. But I have to say I wasn’t converted right away. I thought it was a bit limp “dishrag-ish”. No pizzazz like in Lemon-Lime Twist or Granny Apple Green. But I’ve decided it has its own kind of understated oomph!
Not really mint. And not really honeydew either. It’s really the perfect shade of pastel green. How’s it sitting with you? Leave me a comment. Are you an afficionado too? Or are you holding out still?
Today’s the last day for my Product of the Week, the All My Love DSP. Which was your favourite project?
- my homemade Valentines treats boxes
- my cardmaking ideas with scrapbooking paper (also a FB Live!)
- or the collaged heart shape cutouts anniversary card?
It’s Keep It Simple Sunday but I couldn’t resist amping it up a notch with my Big Shot 😘. To do three things.
- cut out my heart shapes
- create my stitched rectangle
- and emboss my rectangle with the Subtle embossing folder
Heart Shape Cutouts for Handmade Cards
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Whisper White thick cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Soft Seafoam cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″, scraps
- Whisper White regular cardstock – a piece 3 3/4″ x 5″
- All My Love DSP – scrap about 2″ square
Let’s Make It
- Cut out 4 of the smallest narrower hearts from Soft Seafoam
- Cut the next largest heart from your piece of DSP. TIP: aim to get a heart with some Soft Seafoam leave in it and less Lovely Lipstick.
- Crop the second largest stitched rectangle from the regular Whisper White.
- Run the rectangle through the Big Shot with the Subtle embossing folder. TIP: place the rectangle in the centre of your piece of Whisper White and sae the cut out piece for another card.
- Stamp on bottom right of white. TIP: Normally I would stamp first, as this is embossed. However the pattern is so fine, you are able to stamp over it. If you wish, stamp first then align the rectangle so the greeting is at the bottom.
- Lay out hearts, starting with the large one, then the ones on each side. TIP: Eyeball the placement to try and achieve centred on the panel and with the same distance between each heart. A ruler may make this easier for you.
- Adhere large heart with dimensionals and Seafoam hearts with liquid glue.
- Glue Soft Seafoam panel to front of folded card. Add main panel with dimensionals.
- Affix one large pearl to DSP heart as desired. TIP: I chose to place mine in the middle of a white space as opposed to the end of a stem or on a flower. It just looked better.
Your Turn to Get Creative!
What are you waiting for😁? Grab your All My Love DSP and the Be Mine Stitched Framelits and you’ll be able to whip up some of these quick as a wink!
Plus don’t forget today’s your last day to get your All My Love DSP and receive my free Entwined Hearts pdf.Heart Shape Cutouts for Handmade Cards
I love this design. Simple yet classy. You could try it with Balmy Blue too or Lovely Lipstick and see which combination you like the best. (You know, if Soft Seafoam doesn’t do it for you like it does for me!😉)
Thanks for popping in today. I hope your love this project as much as I do. Keep checking back to see what I’ve got up my sleeve! While I can promise it won’t be using heart shape cutouts, maybe it’ll spark your creativity too.