Hey Papercrafter, how about we all celebrate World Card Making Day with a fall card?
Well, it’s fall in the northern hemisphere at least!
I love this time of year! Cool brisk evenings, the crunch of leaves underfoot, all the bounty of the garden. Pumpkin spice lattes, warm sweaters and flannel sheets!
No Time to Craft?
Now, if you’re a gardener, you might be like me. I’ve got my work cut out for me this weekend getting the garden cleared and cleaned and everything put away for this year. With everything going on, sometimes it’s hard to get time to do what we love – paper craft!
But we all need to make time for it today!
After all, it’s a day specifically in honour of US! Card makers from around the world can come together as a community and share the joy of creating a card for someone special.
A card just like this.
The mix of colours here don’t necessarily shout FALL, but they certainly do hint at it pretty broadly! Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, mixed with Cajun Craze and Terracotta Tile say “hello autumn”!
Let me give you all the supplies and measurements so you can make this one too.Supplies
Celebrate World Card Making Day with a Fall Card
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Old Olive – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, scrap
- Pear Pizzazz – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Terracotta Tile – piece at least 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Whisper White thick cardstock – scraps
- Gold metallic edged ribbon – about 5″
Let’s Make It!
- Stamp large and double pumpkins on piece of Thick Whisper White with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Colour with STampin Blends: Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Old Olive. Set aside.
- Stamp words in Memento ink on bottom right of Pear Pizzazz panel. Let dry slightly then run through Subtle 3D embossing folder and your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Affix to front of folded Old Olive card.
- UseDark Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blend to colour ribbon. Fold in half and affix to one Mini Glue dot. TIP: Leave glue dot on the roll and put the ribbon right onto the dot, getting both parts of the folded ribbon caught in the dot.
- Crop one label from piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock then run through the Greenery embossing folder and your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Pull ribbon from glue dot roll and attach to back top left of label. Glue to front of card aligning over top of words.
- Punch two sprigs from Old Olive cardstock and glue to bottom of label. Add pumpkins on top with dimensionals.
Optional: Add a Whisper White panel to the inside and stamp some additional pumpkins and a greeting.
Pop it into an envelope, address it and get it into the mail!
Now It’s Your Turn!
Whoop it up on YOUR day! Create this card for someone special on your list! If you need to replenish some of your supplies, just click on the images above and it will take you to my online store! Thank you so much for choosing to shop with me in Canada!
Enjoy World Card Making Day
Lots of folks tell me they don’t have time for paper crafting. Life is just too busy and gets in the way of all this fun! Well, put it aside for one day and get busy creating.
And now you’re in the groove, do you want another quick yet lovely fall card to make? It even uses the same set of stamps and dies!
And when you celebrate World Card Making Day with a fall card, it will both make your spirit happy – and put a smile on someone else’s mug when they get YOUR card in the mail!