You are going to absolutely love this beautifully classy foil Christmas card!
The holiday season is soon upon us, and don’t you think there’s something magical about sending and receiving Christmas cards?
This year, why not create gorgeous greetings with a touch of sophistication and charm?
In this blog post, we’ll dive into the enchanting world of classy foil Christmas cards with this design featuring a wreath centrepiece.
There’s a timeless allure to foil Christmas cards isn’t there? Its delicate shimmer and gleam adds glitz and glam, turning a simple card into a work of art.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you love adding this shiny paper to your own card designs.
3 Tips for Crafting Cards With Foil
- Keep it simple – Today’s design is a straight forward layout you can change up in so many ways. The richness shines through with its colours, textures and simplicity. Take a peek at these video tips to make a peek through card to see the three varieties made with one layout.
- Pair up one or two – Don’t be afraid to mix and match your foils…within reason! Today’s card gets a step up with two different foils. What works with these two? The bold green takes centre stage and the white and silver makes a background statement. If you tried to pair too many patterns and too many colours, you might just overwhelm your recipients!
- Use accents – Even though the foil wreath is pretty spectacular, adding two little fronds of leaves behind the greeting adds just the right amount of detail. I had one more cut out but chose not to use it since it looked like just “too much”.
Who would’ve thought Granny Apple Green could look elegant and classy? But placed against the brilliant white and the slight shine of silver, it takes on a glamorous glow!
You can never go wrong with a set of beautiful words.
The Night Divine set is one you’ll reach for again and again.
I love the mix of script and capitals here, What about you?
This set is being retired and is now on the Last Chance List so it won’t be available for much longer. Be sure to pick up yours before it’s gone for good.
Let me give you the supplies to make this beauty at home.
Classy Foil Christmas Card
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Granny Apple Green – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic White – two pieces 4″ x 5 1/4″, 1/2″ x 3″
- Granny Apple Green Foil – piece about 3″ x 3″, small scrap
- Snowflake Magic – White/silver foil – 3″ x 3″, 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Real Red – 1″ x 3 1/2″, 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Silver Edged Sheer white 1/2″ Ribbon – about 8″ made into a bow
Let’s Make It!
- Cut the Wreath from the middle of the panel of Basic White. Cut it again from the piece of Granny Apple Green foil.
- Glue the silver and white foil to the back of he Basic White panel so you can see it through the wreath cut out. Glue to the front of the folded card base.
- Carefully glue the white wreath to the middle (don’t line it up exactly with the cut out in the panel). Glue the green foil wreath on top being careful to not place it exactly in the same position as the white wreath.
- Glue both pieces of the silver/white foil to the Real Red rectangles. Glue he larger one beneath the wreath on the front of the card. Glue the other one down the right side of the second panel of Basic White and then glue the whole piece to the inside of the card.
- Stamp the greeting onto the small rectangle of Basic White in Real Red ink and add dimensionals to the back.
- Add a dot of liquid glue to the top right of the silver/whilte rectangle and adhere two leaves in place. Remove dimensional backings and affix over top.
- Adhere the bow eith a glue dot to the bottom right of the wreath and add the white/silver glitter sequins as desired.
To recreate this exact card, simply click here to pin, print or order it. Thank you kindly for choosing to shop with me as your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Canada!
Are You a Foil Fanatic?
Are you someone who uses foil a lot in your paper crafting? If you do, what are your favourite colours to use? Let me know!
Click here to leave a comment.
As you’re making one-of-a-kind greetings to share with family and friends be sure to embrace the magic of classy foil Christmas cards – from the intricate foil wreath to the heartfelt message, each card you make becomes a gift from the heart!