I’m into making a clean and simple handmade card for you today. One that gets a shot of pretty colour with our alcohol markers!
I’ve got all the instructions for you below to make this pretty card.
What is it about clean and simple cards that make you just feel better?
Is it the softness of the colours?
The way the colours don’t compete with each other?
Maybe it’s the uncomplicated way it’s put together.
No matter what it is, a beautiful design like this one is so quick and easy to make!
Clean and Simple Handmade Card
Who has scraps of patterned paper lying around? 😜
I know I do. Lots of them!
Many cut to half of the exact measurement you need for this card! 2″ x 4 1/4″.
And the rest, besides the card itself, are just cut off scraps you probably have in your off-cuts drawer!
And even if you don’t have a scrap of some pretty patterned paper like this Abigail Rose, if you wanted to, you can get 12 out of one sheet of DSP!
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Abigail Rose DSP – 2″ x 4 1/4″
- Very Vanilla Thick cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Gray Granite cardstock – 1″ x 3 7/8″
- Fresh Freesia cardstock – 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Soft Sea Foam cardstock – 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- vanilla baker’s twine – about 7″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Very Vanilla card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Colour with your Stampin’ Blends: the large flower with the Petal Pink (Light and Dark) and Light Flirty Flamingo, the smaller flowers with Fresh Freesia and the leaves with Soft Sea Foam (Light and Dark).
3. Stamp greeting in Gray Granite ink onto Gray Granite strip and insert left end into Banners Pick a Punch. Wrap vanilla baker’s twine around the right end and affix in the back with cello tape. Add dimensionals and set aside.
4. Add a strip of liquid glue to each side of the back of the coloured DSP. Glue the Fresh Freesia strip to the right hand side with about 1/4″ showing from the front. Affix the Soft Sea Foam strip to the left hand side with about 1/8″ strip showing. Add more glue and affix in place on the left hand side of the card.
5. Attach greeting so it overlaps the DSP and add a few Fresh Freesia Opaque gems to embellish.
Tadah! All done!
If you love this design, and the simplicity of handmade cards like this, make a quick card to cheer a friend for another totally different idea!
Over to You Stamper!
I bet you have some designer series paper with a nice clean background you could colour with your Stampin’ Blends too. Go hunt a scrap out and start colouring.
Or if you like, click here to see all the supplies I used that you can pin, print or order from!
With how quick this design is to make, and how many you can get out of one 12×12 piece of DSP, I know you can get more than a few cards like this made and have in reserve to send to your special friends.
Oh and another thing? With this clean and simple handmade card try playing around with the placement of the patterned paper – you might find some more great designs!
Beautiful card Jo, love the soft colors.
Thank you Eunice! It’s very calming I think! Makes me smaile!