Cool Hole Punch Card Ideas?
Is that a thing? Absolutely! But we’re not using that boring-old-silver-handheld-teeny-hole-punch. We’re going to use every circle punch in our arsenal – big, medium & small – to punch holes for super quick and cool cards!
Let me show you what I mean.
I love when I can use my tools for something just a bit different. How about you? That’s not only smart. It’s economical!
I think I must’ve been on a black streak this week🤔! Did you notice my vellum circle card had a black background? And so did my punched out zentangle ideas card! (Don’t worry I’ll be back to other colours next week!)
Now what’s not to like about this fun notecard?
- it uses mostly paper scraps
- you get fun rings you can make practically any size, in any colour, perfectly aligned or off centre like mine
- then our circles work double time – one for the ring itself and one for the circle detail on the envelope
- circles aren’t fussy – they work for boys & girls, young and old-er
- the cute greeting comes from the fun Animal Outing stamp set
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Basic Black cardstock – 3″ x 6″, scored at 3″
- Lemon-Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Pacific Point, Mango Melody and Whisper White cardstock scraps
Let’s Make It!
- Fold black card and run front through Big Shot with Garden Trellis embossing folder.
- Punch out the following colours and sizes:
- Lemon-Lime Twist – 2 1/4″
- Berry Burst – 1 3/4″
- Pacific Point – 1 1/2″
- Mango Melody – 1 1/2″
- Then use one smaller punch to punch the middle out of your circle:
- Lemon-Lime Twist – 2″
- Berry Burst – 1 1/2″
- Pacific Point – 1 1/4″
- You can see an image of exactly how to do this over on my Design with Jo VIPeeps Facebook Group. A simple click is all it takes to get you there!
- Arrange rings onto front of folded card and glue in place with liquid adhesive.
- Stamp greeting on piece of Whisper White in Memento ink. Punch out with 1 1/4″ circle punch. Glue on top of Mango Melody circle. Add to front of card.
- Place three glossy epoxy droplets on card as shown.
So pull out every circle punch you have! Then get busy with your drawer of scraps to make up these fun cards. And then? Then, I want you to share your cool hole punch card ideas with the rest of us over at Design with Jo VIPeeps!
Now if you’re a few short on circle punches, today’s the last day you can get in on my exclusive Steal of a Deal for my VIPeepers! Join in so you can add to your stash!Cool Hole Punch Card Ideas
I did fancy up the envelope too which is totally optional. I used the Envelope punch board and a piece of the fab and FREE Botanical Butterflies paper. Then I glued my circles to the front and cut off the edges.
So? Fun yes?
Does it give you a 60’s kinda vibe? Maybe. I think you could get away with giving this to just about anyone. And they will love it!
Next time you want a quick design, don’t forget this little cutie. For something a little different, try cool hole punch card ideas.