Want a dead easy Halloween card to make?
Now I agree, normally we don’t like to use the word ‘dead’ and “easy’ in the same sentence, but you’re going to love how quick this card is to craft up.
It will take HOURS off your crafting time!
So if you’re like me and you’ve got a couple more Halloween cards to get out the door and in the mail, this is your ticket!
Let’s see how cool this one is, all with patterned paper (well almost all!)
Are you a fan of Halloween cards too? (If yes, this one has a cool technique…and a super cute frog!) It’s how you can WOW them with the easiest watercolour background!
Card Making is Fast & Fun with Pre-printed Designer Series Paper
This is the back of one of the 6 designs in the Them Bones patterned paper pack.
(I used the one in the top left of the photo.
The mix of colours on this one is great for Hallowe’en. Starry Sky, Smoky Slate, Cajun Carze, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black. Everything you need for a tombstone motif!
Out of one package of paper, you can get 12 cards (!) with an image like this one. Hopefully that’s enough for all your friends!
(And as of the date I’m writing this post, you still have time to get the paper delivered and make the cards! Bonus!)
All you need is a couple colours of ink and the Throughout the Year stamp set and your greeting will come to life in mere minutes!
How’d I do the greeting?
It was actually a cinch to make as I’d already stamped the greetings for my peek through Halloween Treat Boxes. So they were sitting there in my stamp case just waiting for me to cut them out and adhere.
There’s no two ways about it!
Working with patterned paper that has images built right in can take hours off your card making!
Dead Easy Halloween Card
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Starry Sky – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Them Bones DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Smoky Slate – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Silver Foil Specialty Paper – 1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White – (inside) 4″ x 5 1/4″, small scrap
Let’s Make It!
- Fold the Starry Sky cardbase and adhere the Smoky Slate on the front. Glue the Basic White to the inside. Set aside.
- Glue the strip of silver foil to the bottom of the patterned paper, leaving about 1/8″ of the paper showing at the bottom. Trim off any excess silver that extends beyond the edges. Glue to the Smoky Slate
- Stamp greeting three times. Once iin Pumpkin Pie, once in Starry Sky (or Old Olive) and once in Memento Tuxedo Black. Cut out the words. Glue to the top of the card. (Affix the “or” last with a mini dimensional.
- And if you want to get fancy, add some Starry Sky In Color Pearls to embellish.
To make this card with the exact same supplies I did, just click here to pin, print or order it. Thanks a bunch for picking me as your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Canada!
But I’m curious. Some folks hesitate to send out a card like this because they didn’t stamp the tombstones. Let me know if you would send out a card with images on it like this one.
Click here to leave a comment.
There are more of our designer series papers that will work for quick card making. And you may even own some in your stash of supplies already.
Rifle through them and see if there’s one you can create that would be just as fast to make as this dead easy Halloween card!