Today, I’m pulling out all the punches – and my die cutter – to decorate acetate gift boxes with Stitched Lace dies.
OK, are you ready for it?
One. Little. Word.
See if you agree…
Well, was I right? Gorgeous detailed designs yes? And here I’m showing you two ways to feature it in your paper crafting.
You know, this new die from Stampin’ Up! has so much going for it I knew it deserved a spotlight as my Product of the Week.
Every week I pick a favourite from a current catalogue then I show you how to use my favourites in multiple ways so you can get more BANG for your crafting BUCK! Plus I share even more tips and tricks over on my exclusive FB group page Design with Jo VIPeeps. It’s free to join and we’re a fun and creative group. All it just takes is a quick click and you’re in!
But why is it right at the top of my LOVE-IT list?
- easy to use
Jo’s Design Tips for Decorating Acetate Gift Boxes with Stitched Lace Dies
- once you run your die through your cutting machine, crop it to 2″ x 4″ TIP: use a larger sheet of cardstock – 4 3/8″ x 5 7/8″, the same size as the die then cut it down to size
- on this smaller piece, cut along the short right hand edge with your Paper Snips, trimming close to the cut out details as shown above just over top of Happy Day
- glue to a 2″ x 5″ piece of Very Vanilla, aligning the die with the left (top) edge then crop both pieces with the new Delightful Tag Topper punch TIP: You may need to use your Popeye strength to punch this out but it will punch!🤣
- from the remaining strip of die cut cardstock, use the included thin detail die to crop off the long edges TIP: You will need to run it through two times to crop both sides
- use your Paper Snips to round off the edges at each end and glue to your belly band
Jo’s Design Details
- I used the Perennial Essence coloured vellum to create my flower accent from the four petal flower and sprig punches (PS I LOVE this vellum!)
- the perfectly matched scalloped Rococo Rose ribbon is tied with a small length of linen thread. You may remember, I used this same new In Color ribbon last week to complement the triple panel wild rose card.
- A neutral belly band from the Woven Threads DSP is wrapped around the acetate box then tied with the Magnolia ribbon pulled off to the side
What Will You Create?
Now it’s up to you. Pick an element from this design that appeals to you. Maybe the tag, maybe the background layers. Maybe the whole acetate gift box. Whatever it is, use it to create your own work of art at home.
Here is everything I used. If you need to add to your own paper crafting toolkit, a simple click will have that UPS driver stopping outside your door soon! Thanks so much for shopping with me!Decorate Acetate Gift Boxes with Stitched Lace Dies
Thanks a Bunch
I love having you stop by to take a little look-see at what’s happening in my studio. Be sure to check back often to see where my inky fingers take me!
And while you’re waiting to see what else I come up with? Pull out and decorate acetate gift boxes with Stitched Lace dies – or other dies you have in your own stash.