Thinking you don’t have time for a DIY card for dad and still get it in the mail for Father’s Day? Of course you do when it’s as quick and easy as this one!
He’ll absolutely love it!
What’s the first thing you notice about this card?
Probably the shiny paper? Isn’t it awesome? It’s from the new World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. Fabulous brass accented, neutral-toned patterns and designs. Aimed at travellers, but really ideal for ANYone!
Here are all of the pages you get in the package.
With a colour palette and designs like this, it’s not only cards that will be at the top of your creativity list. Scrapbook pages, journals (especially travel ones), 3D gift items, home decor…the possibilities are endless!
How about we take a closer peek at the card design so you can recreate it with my easy-to-follow steps?
DIY Card for Dad Made With Patterned Paper
Here’s what I love about this fella.
- Simple design with super stand-out paper!
- Ultra fast to whip up and get out the door!
- Fun to play with new supplies and tools!
- Generic greeting that can be used over and over again for anyone on your card making list!
OK, here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- patterned paper – 1 1/2″ x 4″
- Basic Gray cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock – 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, scrap
- Misty Moonlight cardstock – scrap
- Faux Suede Trim – about 6″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Adhere patterned paper to piece of Whisper White. Wrap faux suede trim around bottom and knot to the left side. Glue entire piece onto left side of folded card front.
2. Stamp greeting from the Many Mates stamp set with Basic Gray ink onto scrap of Whisper White. Punch out with Story Label punch.
3. Punch second label from scrap of Misty Moonlight cardstock – my new FAVE from the 2020-21 In Colors! Cut it in half from top to bottom with scissors. Glue each piece in behind Whisper White greeting so a narrow edge extends beyond the shape. (See the photo).
4. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to back and adhere to card so the label extends into the bottom right of the strip of patterned paper over the knotted ribbon.
5. Add two gilded gems on sides of greeting.
There you go! Easy peasey, lemon squeezy!
If you love that Misty Moonlight colour as much as I do, here’s another card that you might think about making for dad!
Now It’s Up to You!
Rifle through your stash of patterned paper (I KNOW you have one!) to find a sheet perfect for your dad. And if there isn’t one that’s JUST right? Pick up a package of this brand new (and wonderful) World of Good specialty paper. Add any of the supplies I used into your own craft space by clicking on any of them here.DIY Card for Dad
He’ll Love It!
I just know your dad’s going to love your card. But not only that! He’ll love the fact you took the time to make something extra special just for him!
And what’s even better? With how quick this design is to make, I’ll bet you can get a few masculine birthday or thinking of you cards done at the same time!
So go ahead and make up a few, then throw your DIY card for dad in the mail and it will arrive in plenty of time for Father’s Day!