We’re winding down Sale-a-bration 2019 so I wanted to share DIY gatefold cards using the Petal Promenade designer series paper and Beautiful Promenade bundle. And the best part is you can still get the patterned paper free with a $60 CDN order.
But even before it was a free item, this paper was a favourite of mine. It’s darn near perfect for any special occasions, but especially to express love and support. I made stunning and easy cards with cutouts a few weeks ago in my Facebook Live.
And this super simple note card is a Make it In 5 contender! In my world, that’s one of the absolute BEST things about having patterned paper do all the work for you.
Let’s see this pretty card you might give your significant other for an anniversary or Valentine’s or you might think it’s perfect for a great friend.
Isn’t the die cut spectacular? And the paper exquisite? What about the gorgeous greeting with its mix of plain and brush lettering?
What would YOU send this card for?
DIY Gatefold Cards
Gatefold cards are one of my “go-to” designs for a few reasons:
- they’re a bit out-of-the-regular-old-ho-hum with a middle opening so your recipient will find it a bit unexpected
- there’s always a fun or beautiful focal point like our detailed die and flower greeting on the front
- you can turn them on their side for another unique design like on this sunny birthday card
- they are super easy and fast to create, especially when you use designer paper for your background
I always think it’s fun to decorate the inside of a card too. This is what I thought worked well with this one. Wanna see it?
Oh I guess I can show you the entire inside…😉
This stamp set is a two step set, so this is a cool textured inside stamp for the flower. But I thought it was ideal on its own and simply added the smaller greeting to finish it off.
Let me tell you a bit more about my design thoughts as I was creating.
Jo’s Design Details
- There’s so many details in the photo realistic paper and the faceted circle-ish die, I needed to keep my flower and sentiment simple.
- It’s easy to pick your colours when they’re written on the back of the designer paper package. The mat behind the flowered paper is the same colour as the majority of the blossoms in the photo.
- I’ve used the “odd law” 🤪 more than once. There are 3 places to see Smoky Slate: the sentiment, the die and the card base. And there are 3 spots to see the Petal Pink: the focal point flower, the photo itself and the matting.
Notice the sparkle on the flower? I felt it just needed “something” so I pulled out my Fine Tip Glue Pen (which doesn’t get a huge amount of love in my craft room). A dab here and there to accent the flower sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds did the trick.
Get Your Patterned Paper Free!
Now’s the time to get YOUR package of the Petal Promenade designer series paper for nothing. But only until March 31st when Sale-a-bration 2019 ends!
By purchasing this gorgeous Beautiful Promenade bundle itself, you only need to add the Dazzling Diamonds glitter or some can’t-be-without-’em Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the paper is yours. FREE! A quick click to take you to my online store is all it takes to start making this card at home.DIY Gatefold Cards
I Appreciate You Stopping By
With all the ideas on the internet, I’m so happy you stopped to take a closer look at my design. I share lots more here every week. To see my most recent posts, take a peek at my Gallery page. I’ve got all my designs in one place and you just need to click on a photo to go right to the post. There’s sure to be some inspiration for you no matter how you like to paper craft.
So thank you. And I hope you get some time to pull out your patterned paper and design your own DIY gatefold cards for someone special in your like.