We made an elegant snowflake Christmas card in yesterday’s Koffee and a Kard class. It features the popular Flurry of Wishes stamp set, heat embossed in both white and copper embossing powders. With all kinds of classy touches, you may want to save this one for your extra special friends and family!
The tone-on-tone of the white embossing on the Whisper White thick card stock creates a clean and stylish feel. When you match this with the sheen of copper embossing powder, metallic thread and foil paper, you have a beautiful, stand-out card!
Rather than go with a typical card, I wanted a bit of variety:
- the card size is 8″ x 9″, scored and folded at 4″ so it will fit in a business sized envelope
- its front features a reverse fold up at 1″ so it is a different length than the back of the card
- the snowflakes are stamped and embossed on the front top panel as well as the inside bottom for texture
- the front greeting is glued only to the two punched out snowflakes so it looks suspended
All of this card is delicate, from the pretty curved snowflakes to the wispy metallic copper thread. The large snowflake fit perfectly in the largest circle die in the Layering Circles Framelits and the scalloped circle creates a sophisticated frame. The Snow Flurry punch cuts out the smaller snowflakes in a flash!
- score both the centre fold and the bottom fold up first – don’t fold it yet though! – then only stamp within those lines
- stamp off your cardstock to add more interest to your card – and it also makes it appear bigger!
- stamp and emboss all of one colour of embossing powder first, then move to the second
- since the white embossing on the Whisper White cardstock can be difficult to see, be sure you have good lighting where you are working
- glue both your strip of copper to the inside of the strip and then the front folded area to the front card using a strong adhesive – I used Fast Fuse
- place a glue dot on your card front where the large scalloped circle will end up and arrange your metallic threads onto it; place a second glue dot over top to secure
I only wanted to showcase this super Flurry of Wishes set with the matching punch when I designed this card. However, now it’s also featured in one of Stampin’ Up’s Online Extravaganza specials. So not only is it 20% off, it’s bundled together!
But it’s on sale ONLY on November 28th and only while supplies last! So if you’ve had it on your list and have been waiting for the perfect time, that’s NOW!
Stampin’ Up’s Online Extravaganza is fantastic! It starts November 21st and for one week, you can save up to 40% on select stamps and embellishments.
It’s a great time to check off some of your holiday gift items for family and friends. And maybe there’s something you will find you just have to have! The Online Extravaganza also includes 24-hour sales on November 21st and November 28th with special product discounts only available on those days!
Keep checking back as I’ll be posting more details soon!
I’d love to hear how you enjoyed my elegant snowflake Christmas card today. Please leave a comment below!
And if you want to create this same card yourself, click on one of the images below to take you to my online shop.
‘Til next time, Happy Stampin’