Let’s see how to emboss handmade note cards with lots of punch and POW! This card though small has a mighty big POP of colour and charm! And you can see the entire card making process in a video.
This is another of my CASE the Cattie cards, this one about double embossing notecards.
You’ll find both dry and three kinds of heat embossing on this design! That’s a lot wrapped up in one neat little package!
What’s the Double Emboss Technique?
If you think might be a bit beyond your current card making level, take a few minutes to walk through my video to show you exactly how to create a card in this design.
It’s one of my CASE the Cattie videos. That’s where I take a design from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue and break it down into steps so you can make a card just like it!
It was so much fun to take an idea from an artist and turn it into something different in my own craft area. And you can see the original post where I shared the video here.
Emboss Handmade Note Cards
Here are all the measurements and supplies to make a card like this at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Basic White notecard – 1 card and envelope
- Rich Razzleberry – 3 1/2″ x 5″, 2nd piece 3″ x 5″ (embossed piece)
- DSP – 2″ x 3 1/2″, OPTIONAL 2″ x 5 1/4″ for envelope flap
- Blackberry Bliss – 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, scrap
- Highland Heather – large scrap
I love the mixing and matching of embossing techniques on this design.
Tips to Make It!
- the smallest butterfly is stamped in Versamark then heat embossed with clear powder then cut out.
- the Meadow Moments embossing folder on the right hand side of the card? It’s actually the DE-bossed side I have facing the front.
- both the greeting and the larger silver butterfly are attached with one level of dimensionals, but the butterfly’s wings slightly overlap the greeting.
Did you notice one other thing about this card? The placement of greeting and the butterflies aren’t centred, but aligned to the left. Play with your placement for lots of variety.
Your Turn Now!
So now it’s your turn to dig out some of your embossing folders, stamps and dies and CASE the Cattie too.
Add any of the supplies I used into your own craft space by clicking here.
Whether you make one or 20, when youemboss handmade note cards like these ones, you’ll have lots of fun and your cards will get rave reviews!