Today’s amazing and fun birthday card for boys is one you can make with the retiring Bonanza Buddies bundle! You’re not going to want to wait on picking up this cute and versatile bundle. Since it’s retiring, you need to grab it before it disappears! Click here to get it!
Let’s see how cute this card is for a little – or big – boy!
No matter how old they are, they will LOVE the mix of bright colours, the fun toucan, and the happy fringed ribbon!!
We’ve got a few different things going on with this card so let me share with you what makes it so amazing!
An Amazing and Fun Birthday Card for Boys
Jo’s Design Tips
- Use lots of bright colours. I pulled out the soon-to-be gone super cute Birthday Bonanza designer series paper. TIP: I picked my background design first then let it pick the rest of my colours for me! Simple!
- Turn up the BOLD! Basic black was the best neutral to mix with the bright colours, especially since the toucan is black. I could have chosen Whisper White as an accent but I thought it washed out the other colours.
- Add some crisp stamping. I didn’t want to cover up the bold black tag with a white tag or another colour, so I stamped with Versamark ink directly on top and sprinkled it with White embossing powder. TIP: Use your Embossing Buddy first like I showed you in this video here.
- Crop or punch a few circles for texture and interest. rather than use another piece of DSP, I cut three circles in matching bright colours to place behind my black tag. TIP: Snip off the extending pieces by turning the panel upside down and running your Paper Snips along the edge.
- Add some fun ribbon to add a dash of the unexpected. The Bermuda Bay mini striped ribbon is ideal for this. Just clip it off then pull on one of the ends to get your fringe on!!
Soon to Be Retired!
The Bonanza Buddies bundle is such fun! You can’t go wrong with what I think is one of the most versatile sets in the January to June Mini Catalogue. Not only can you stamp the ultra adorable critters, use the dies for banners and tags to help celebrate anyone’s special day!
Make a Boys’ Birthday Card!
If you need any of the supplies, click on any image below and you can order it and have it shipped directly to your home.Fun Birthday Card for Boys
Thanks for Taking a Peek
I love when you drop in to see what I’ve been creating. Make sure you leave me a comment with any questions or kudos so I can connect with you.
Here’s a last shot of our card so you can see the inside too.
Add this amazing and fun birthday card for boys into your card making – there’s no way the Bonanza Buddies bundle will ever go out of style!