This gilded leafing thank you card is over-the-top beautiful! And I’ve included my top tips for you to make one like it too!
A thank you card like this will take pride-of-place on anyone’s mantle for months! Long after the fall season is over!
There are so many wonderful elements to this card. So I’m curious, what’s the first thing you notice about it?
Is it the shiny leaf? If it is, it’s probably because of the elegant gold leaf. It’s a rubber stamped imaged that’s been gilded with gold leafing and then cut out with a die. It takes centre stage in the middle of our four squares of pretty paper.
Speaking of the paper, you might have noticed the colourful fall patterns first. It’s from the Beauty of the Earth designer series paper pack. It’s the perfect package to get you through an entire year of paper crafting. There’s a design for spring, summer, fall and even winter! Here’s a totally different card you might like that’s waaaay easy and made with another sheet from the same set.
Or it might be that lovely sentiment stamped and heat embossed with gold powder.
With so many wonderful part to this card, I want to narrow it down and focus on giving you tips for using the gilded leafing. I’d love to see you can add it to your own paper crafting for equally gorgeous cards.
Gilded Leafing Thank You Card
Before I share some of my tips for this card, you might want to take a peek at my Crafty Questions video all about the gilded leafing embellishment. (PS It’s got some great tips for adding it to your card making.)
Jo’s Top Tips to Make This Card
- Cut your designer paper into a 3 1/2″ square and then cut it in half both ways to get exactly the same sized squares.
- Keep your patterned paper squares in the same order for gluing down so the pattern runs from one piece to another.
- Use Heat’n Stick powder over Versamark ink and heat it quickly then apply your gilded leafing. Cut it out with the Nature’s Thoughts die last.
- Make a whole sheet of the Many Messages greetings at one time and cut them out with the Messages Die. See my tip video for how to use it here (which is also a CASE the Cattie video!)
- Layer the greeting on a 1/2″ piece of Merry Merlot that is longer than the greeting (about 4 1/2″). Then flag the ends with your Paper Snips scissors.
Now It’s Up to You!
There are so many cards you could use the gilded leafing embellishment on for stand-out designs. Flowers, leaves, pumpkins, butterflies…the sky’s the limit! Which stamps would you use first?
Click here to leave a comment.
You can find all the supplies I used by clicking here to print off, save or order from my Stampin’ Up! online store.
Your cards will be so glamorous with all the looks you can achieve with the gilded leafing embellishment. Have fun!
So go ahead and make up a bunch of golden stamped elements and greetings with the Many Messages stamps and dies. Then you’ll be able to make a gilded leafing thank you card like this in no time at all for any season of the year!