Hand make a sympathy card with ribbon that’s spectacular. If you love simple card making, this card is for you!
And if you hesitate about using ribbon on your cards, this card will change your mind!
It’s simplicity underlines the love and support you are expressing.
What’s the first thing you notice about this card?
Probably the ribbon right? It is truly gorgeous and the photo really doesn’t do it justice! It took me awhile to add the Metallic Mesh ribbon to my Stampin’ Up! order. And when it arrived, I was entirely smitten by how lovely it is!
Silver and clear threads are wrapped together to form crinkly patterns. And it’s soft but still has lots of body. It won’t be too bulky in envelopes so will zip through the mail without extra postage.
But most importantly, I know you and your card recipients will be WOWed by it too!
How about we take a closer peek at this super simple card design so you can make one at home.
Hand Make a Sympathy Card
Here’s what you need to know to make it.
Cuttin’ It Up! – Yes only TWO!
- Basic White Thick cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, second piece 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Metallic Mesh ribbon – about 9″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Stamp greeting onto right top-middle of Thick Basic White panel with Basic Gray ink.
3. Add a little double sided adhesive to back of the Basic White panel. Knot ribbon once toward the right hand side end and wrap around Basic What panel, making sure the knot is centred under the greeting. Affix to the adhesive in the back. Add more adhesive to back of the panel and glue to front of card.
4. Add one silver diamond embellishment to the right of the greeting.
Four steps to a beautiful card.
And if you want to fancy it up even more, add a Basic Gray patterened paper (from the Simply Elegant set of designer series papers, to an envelope flap. Find out exactly how in this video.
Now It’s Up to You!
Have you got some ribbon that you could use to copy this card? If there isn’t one that’s JUST right, pick up a roll of this wonderful Metallic Mesh ribbon. You can add it, and any of the other supplies I used into your own craft space by clicking on any of them here.Supplies List
What Other Occasions Would This Card Be Suitable For?
Your words of encouragement will be so appreciated when you send along this beautiful card. But what other occasions do you think this same design would work for?
Click here to leave a comment.
Let’s take one final look at the lovely simplicity of this design.
Take the short time to hand make a sympathy card with ribbon like the Metallic Mesh for someone special – they will truly appreciate you.