These handmade unicorn birthday gift boxes will thrill any little girl! And who knows, maybe even a bit bigger gal? Sparkly, sweet, pink and with a pretty unicorn to celebrate a special day. Stay tuned! I share all the measurements to make your own with your Simply Scored and some Tear & Tape.
The Magical Day bundle has been ULTRA popular this winter – but now it’s retiring!
All kinds of mythical creatures…fire spouting dragons, wily wizards, mystical mermaids, knights in shining armour, not just unicorns! There’s something here for guys and gals, kids and the young at heart! You’re going to want to pick it up at 10% off before it’s gone for good!
And if you’re a girly-girl this pretty pink box might call your name!
Sweet yes? If you’re of a certain “vintage”, you may have played with My Little Pony toys from the 80’s (which then became a movie)? Such cute little animals and unicorns…and you could brush their pink and blue manes. (I’m about to age myself ☺️) I remember babysitting little tykes who had these sweet little toys!
But there’s WAAAY more ways to use this bundle. Heck, who knows a Harry Potter fan? Or Game of Thrones? Think of all the possibilities for themed parties and get togethers!
But let’s get back to my handmade unicorn birthday gift boxes…
Let’s see, how many “girly” details are there?
- Sweet galloping unicorns
- Pretty Powder pink paper
- Shiny silver washi tape
- Sparkly Wink of Stella colouring
- Silvery textured stars
- Silky powder pink ribbon tied in a bow
Enough to please even the toughest five year old critic!
Handmade Unicorn Birthday Gift Boxes
So now we’ve established that there’s not too many girls who wouldn’t think this box was the cat’s meow, how about some of the deets so you can get busy?
It stands almost 6 1/4” high and is a perfect 2 7/8” square shape. The ribbon will slide right off and the lid pops off so you have lots of space for your gift.
Here are your measurements:
- Powder Pink cardstock – 9” x 12”
- Unicorn (Myths & Magic) designer paper lid – 6” x 6”
- Score on the long (12”) side at 2 7/8”, 5 3/4”, 8 5/8” and 11 1/2″
- Turn 90 degrees and score on the short (9”) side at 2 7/8″
- Score on all 4 sides at 1 1/2″
Let’s Make the Unicorn Tag
I cut out out the tag with the Celebrations Thinlits (also retiring that I’m almost a bit distressed about 😢) This has been an absolute favourite of mine this year and I’ve used it over and over. You might remember this Christmas tag? (PSSST, rumour has it this beautiful Year of cheer paper and washi tape is in the Updated Clearance Rack at a super great deal!).
- First, the stars are heat embossed with Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.
- Then a strip of the gorgeous glittery Myths & Magic washi tape is wrapped completely around the bottom. (TIP1: this tape is not super sticky so add some SNAIL to get it to stay stuck down.) (TIP2: wrap it all the way around and overlap in the back so you don’t see a torn edge because the back of the tag will be written on.)
- Our pretty unicorn is stamped with Basic Black Archival ink on Shimmery White cardstock (are you noticing the sparkly trend here 🤗?) The matching framelit cuts her out perfectly!
- To add colour, I picked up my clear Wink of Stella for her body and my Real Red Wink of Stella for her mane. Check out my video to see how you can have every Stampin Up Wink of Stella colour if you want!
- Mini dimensionals hold her in place over the sparkly silver tape.
- I used about a 30” piece of the pretty Powder Pink finely woven ribbon. It’s super flexible but has enough body to hold your tied bow and tag. (TIP3: Place the ribbon under the bottom, pull up to the top and insert the tag onto one end. It doesn’t need to be tied because there’s enough body to hold it in place – BONUS!)
Now it’s your turn! Everything you need to make these pretty handmade unicorn birthday gift boxes is right here! The Magical Day bundle is retiring and is sure to sell out pretty quick so don’t miss out on saving 10% now!
Thanks for shopping with me!
Handmade Unicorn Birthday Gift Boxes with Tag
We always need a little bit of magic in our lives! That “what if” element takes us all back to when EVERYTHING was possible! And the Magical Day bundle is one way to add a touch of whimsy quickly and easily to all your cards and gift giving.
Get out your paper crafting supplies and get a start on these super sweet boxes. After all, what little girl wouldn’t LOVE to get handmade unicorn gift boxes on her special day?