Here’s a Happy Best Friend Valentines Day card! To all my best paper crafting gals out there, this one’s for you. And maybe you might like all the steps and measurements to make it at home?
Let’s get to it!
What Do I Love About This Card?
There’s so many things but here’s just a few…
- it’s simplicity
- the limit to two colours only
- interplay of dies and punches
- whimsical coloured hearts
While I’m wishing you a Happy Best Friend Valentines today, you could use this card for any friend greeting. Change up the colour – or not – and send it out to thank a friend for their gift of time.
In fact who says you couldn’t give this to a special male friend – significant other or not! – with a switch to navy, browns or greens?
Now you might already have this stamp set and dies? Have you only used it for Valentines thinking it was only a lovey-dovey set? Let’s look at it with fresh eyes.
First the stamps…
Did you even notice the friend stamp in there? And you can use that Just for You for just about anyone – and the You Make Me Happy too. In fact you can see that one on this not-so-traditional Valentines.
Now the dies…
Ah, those dies, perfect for so many occasions. Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays…you name it! That adorable scalloped edge, the tiny little flowers…I bet you haven’t used those yet have you!
And they also do stitched without cutting the shape. So cool. See what I’m talking about here with this pet power card!
OK time to give you the how-to’s to make it.
Happy Best Friend Valentines Day Card
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Lovely Lipstick – 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”, 1” x 4” , scraps
- Whisper White – 4” x 5 1/4”, scraps
- Whisper White flax ribbon – 5 1/4” length
Let’s Make It!
1.Stamp greeting in Lovely Lipstick on scrap of Whisper White and punch out with the Pretty Label punch. Punch another from Lovely Lipstick.
2. Cut pink label in half lengthwise and glue behind greeting so it frames the top and bottom.
3.Crop two decorative dies, one from scrap of Whisper White and one from Lovely Lipstick.
4. Place strip of Lovely Lipstick on Whisper White layer and arrange sentiment in centre (DO NOT GLUE IN PLACE YET). Arrange dies behind so they peek above and below the sentiment. Remove greeting, and strip then glue dies in place. TIP: Use your silicon craft wheat and a sponge like I did here to dab glue on detailed dies.
5. Glue Lovely Lipstick strip over top with liquid glue. Turn over and apply SNAIL to back. Wrap ribbon around panel so it is centred on strip and stick to back. Add a bit more SNAIL to ribbon on reverse then glue to folded Lovely Lipstick card base.
6. Attach dimensional to TOP and BOTTOM of sentiment backing and glue in place. TIP: try not to place on left and right side as they will only stick to the ribbon and will not be 100% secure.
7. Colour small and large epoxy hearts with Light Lovely Lipstick Stampin Blend. Colour medium heart with Dark Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Blend. Adhere in place as shown.
Make It Your Own
OK your turn to make this card for any occasion, not just Valentines. What colour will you choose?
This is everything I used today. A quick click on any image will take you to my 24-7 online store where you can purchase anything you need to add to your stash of paper crafting goodies.Happy Best Friend Valentines Day Card
What’s the Next Holiday You’re Crafting For?
Now that Valentines is soon to be a distant memory what’s next on your card making list? Birthdays? Easter? Or maybe you love St. Paddy’s Day?
Whatever is on your list, be sure to change up this best friend Valentines Day card for a fun twist – and let me know how it goes at [email protected].