Happy Canada Day 2021 from Central Alberta! Today is our 154th birthday. And I have to say, we don’t look a day over 29!
Whether you also live in Canada, or are visiting my site from another country, I’m happy to share my Canadian-esque birthday card with you today.
And it just so happens you could use this exact same design for just about anyone in your card list to. help celebrate their birthday.
Happy Canada Day 2021 Card To Make At Home
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Thick Basic White – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White – 4″ x 5 1/4″, strip 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Real Red patterned DSP (from the Regals pack) – 1 piece 3/8″ x 5 1/4″, piece about 2 1/4″ square
- Real Red – scrap
Let’s Make It!
- Stamp greeting from Party Puffins set onto middle of strip of Basic White with Real Red ink. Insert each end into Treasured Tags Pick a Punch to curve ends. (OPTIONAL: leave ends squared off)
- Zip piece of Basic White through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss with the Checks and Dots – dots – embossing folder. TIP: Line up the bottom edge with the edge of the folder and run through. This will leave a blank piece at the top. Glue to folded card base.
- Punch a heart from the square of DSP. TIP: use a post it note to hold your square if it is too small to easily fit in the punch. Punch the scalloped heart from the Real Red scrap and glue the two together.
- Glue the strip of Real Red DSP along the top of the embossed dots from edge to edge of the Basic White panel.
- Add dimensionals to the back of heart and glue in place.
- Affix dimensionals to the end of the greeting strip only and place over middle of heart.
- Adhere two red rhinestones to either end of greeting.
- OPTIONAL: Glue the same patterned paper to the flap of your envelope to coordinate.
If you love red and white together, take a peek at this design too.
Start Your Crafting Engines!
I bet you have everything in your stamping kit to make this card…or one pretty similar! Pull them out and craft up a Canada Day card if you’re headed out to a picnic today.
Or make a set of birthday cards as a gift to take to the party! The host will love it!
Here are all the supplies I used to make my version in case you would like to add any to your stash of stamping supplies.Make a Birthday Card
I hope you enjoy making this card. Try it with bold blues for the fellas, or soft and pretty pinks for a young princess-to-be. It will work for anyone!
Wishing you and your family a Happy Canada Day 2021!