Happy Easter 2019
I’ll be celebrating Easter with my family who travelled from Thunder Bay to be with us. I’d also like to share my Easter greetings with you with this pretty daffodil card made with the retiring You’re Inspiring stamp set.
While this card is perfect for Easter, simply change out the greeting and you have a lovely spring greeting for a birthday, congrats or friend card.
With some simple stamping with my Tuxedo Black Memento pad and coloured with Stampin’ Blends, this was a fun card to design. I’m trying to use up some of my patterned papers and have a good swatch of it here for subtle background. (Not that I have much patterned paper mind you – yeah right!! 😊)
Let me give you all the measurements and steps to make this simple and pretty card yourself.
Cuttin’ It Up!
I’ve added a few different layers to pull out the pretty on this card.
- Basic Black – 1 piece 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, 1 piece 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Thick White White – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Pear Pizzazz – 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″
- So Saffron – two strips 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- So Saffron polka Dot DSP – 3″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine – piece about 14″
Let’s Make It
- Glue patterned paper to middle of folded Basic Black card. Glue strips of So Saffron along top and bottom edge. TIP: I use little dabs of liquid glue for the small strips so I have a little bit of leeway to move if I don’t get them quite aligned at first.
- Stamp sentiment on top and flower image on bottom centre of Whisper White Thick cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento pad. Colour with Light and Dark Daffodil Delight and Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. See my Top 10 best tips here for the Blends.
- Adhere to piece of Pear Pizzazz then to square of Basic Black. Attach with dimensionals to right centre of card. TIP: frame your piece with a large matted square for a bit more punch.
- Tie piece of Basic Black Baker’s twine around bottom edge of card and tie in a bow to the left centre. TIP: start with a larger bow and pull on each end until your are happy with the size of your bow. Then trim your ends.
OPTIONAL: Stamp large daffodil along a piece of Whisper White cardstock (2 2/4″ x 5″) also in Tuxedo Black ink. Glue to piece of So Saffron (4″ x 5 1/4″) then to inside of card. TIP: I almost always layer inside a black card to tie together the front and inside. And it’s always nice to add that unexpected touch when you stamp the inside with an image and not just the greeting.
What would you design with this set?
What types of cards or projects would YOU first make with this pretty set?
- Thinking of You?
Here are all the supplies you would need to recreate this card in your craft area. Be sure to use my host code for April ( CBPJASZX) if your online order comes to $60 CDN or more. That way you can earn Sunny Rewards from me!
Happy Easter to You and Yours
Enjoy a wonderful day however you are spending it today. With family, with friends. Away from home or not. At a down home grand feast or a lovely Easter brunch.
Wherever you are, take a special moment to thank your companions and celebrate a Happy Easter 2019.