Today I’ve got a video to share with some heat embossing basics tips and tricks! And you’ll see how I went a little crazy with my variations, once I got started playing!
I am in LOVE with this Winter Wood stamp set. In fact I’ve got another design waiting for you for Keep it Simple Sunday coming up!
I think the set of five trees like I used here is my favourite stamp but the birch trees and the Christmas fir run a pretty darn close second.
Let’s take a look from a different angle before we get to the video.
What do you notice?
- There’s more than five trees? Yes, a whole forest. And it was so easy to create with my Stamparatus.
- Feathery fibres brushing out the side of the greeting? Yes, let me show you how to make that too!
- Champagne and navy “leaves” framing the simple sentiment? Yup, with embossed veins to add interest and realism.
- The silvery shiny embossing perhaps? Possibly. 😚 Why don’t we get to that right away.
Heat Embossing Basics Tips and Tricks
How about those variations? I’d love to know which one you liked the best – and why. Please take a moment and leave me a comment.
And why not join in my Facebook group, Design with Jo VIPeeps! to get in on the conversation happening right now? You could win my weekly giveaway!
Now you’ve seen the video and see how easy it is to recreate this killer gorgeous card, here are all the measurements you’ll need to make your own.
Bits & Bites
- Thick Whisper White cardbase – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″, scrap for greeting oval
- Whisper White regular – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″, scrap
- Night of Navy – 3 3/8″ x 4 3/4″, scrap
- Champage foil sheet – 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″, scrap
- 1/8″ sheer white ribbon – about 4″
Pick up your other supplies simply by clicking on the image below to have them shipped directly to you. Remember to use host code VWQ3RYAN and I’ll send you the lovely Swirls & Curls embossing folder FREE in November with a $75 order.
Heat Embossing Basic Tips and Tricks
One of the best parts of what I do is experimenting with different stamping techniques. I like to keep them simple enough for you to play on your own and have FAB results.
Creating handmade cards to wow your friends and family shouldn’t take you a ton of time or years of stamping experience. And mostly, you want to be having a ball! So the heat embossing basics tips and tricks I shared in my video are guaranteed to do just that – have fun getting creative today!