This post will guide you through how to add finishing touches to handmade cards with the our Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers! The cheery free Sunshine & Rainbows designer paper is soon to disappear so I thought I should get this card design up now!
You can get it here with a $60 CDN order.
Let’s take a look at today’s card.
If your favourite colour is Granny Apple Green, this is a great design! And if it’s not? The colourful rainbow and little touches of black make you take a second glance. (and you could always switch out the green for Bermuda Bay or Polished Pink too! 😉)
The Rainbow of Happiness bundle has lots of cheery elements, like the small rainbow-topped label above. The sentiments are SO happy, you can’t help but smile as you’re creating! And your friend or family member will be positively grinning when they receive it too!
The bundle has been unavailable to order for a little bit but should be back in stock next week. Take a closer look at the different elements to see whether it deserves a spot on your stamp supplies shelf.
I’ve had fun with this bundle but realized I’ve hardly posted my cards. You can take a peek at the ones we made together in our live video and this blog.
How to Add Finishing Touches to Handmade Cards
Now what hints can I give you about colouring that rainbow?
Jo’s Design Tips
I love how the Stampin’ Blends colours POP against the Granny Apple Green patterned paper. To do this technique, take the following steps:
- Cut out the label from thick Basic White cardstock and stamp and heat emboss the greeting in black powder.
- Place a sticky note over the bottom of the label right at the base of the rainbow arches.
- Select 4 coordinating colours of Stampin’ Blends in the Dark rather than the light. (I used Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party and Highland Heather)
- Since the rainbow has such narrow arches, use the bullet tip to carefully colour in the entire arch. Remove the sticky note.
- Cut a 1/8″ scrap of Basic Black cardstock and glue along the bottom in case you had any colour seep through onto the label itself.
The other thing about this design is the super background clouds. These are made with the Basic Borders dies. I did tinge the puffy clouds a bit with my Pool Party ink and a blending brush to add just a hint of colour.
If you think you’d find this bundle as fun to use as I have, a simple click here allows you to pin, print or order.
I hope you enjoyed this post and card about how to add finishing touches to handmade cards with Stampin’ Blends and you’ll get into your craft space and pull out your markers for cute details like this!