Do you know how to fussy cut an easy birthday card? One as key-ute as this one with the mellow moo from Over the Moon?
I know, I know…fussy cut??? What? There’s no die for that?
Nope, and you don’t really need one.
Here’s my few quick tips for flawless fussy cutting.
Tips for How to Fussy Cut an Easy Birthday Card
1.Use a pair of sharp, small handled and small-shank scissors. Paper Snips are perfect as they fit most everyone’s hands and they stay sharp for ever.
2. For most cutting, leave a very small border of your original paper colour around the image. This allows the image to sit UP on the design and not get hidden amongst other elements. When your image is going to overlap another exact stamped image like this one, you will not want to leave a border so you have a seamless flow.
3. Move the paper, not the scissors. What is she talking about? Of course you have to move the scissors. But really it means your image is going to move left, right and upside down while the scissors travel around it. Don’t try to only have it facing right-side up to get all the way around evenly.
4. And that’s the last one. Try your best to get into all those little nooks and crannies. It really does add to the overall pleasing effect when you are a detailed cutter…sorry 🤗.
OK, let’s get to the measurements and “Cow-To” . (Sorry, these are really bad puns 🤪)!
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Basic Black – 3″ x 6″ scored at 3″
- Whisper White thick – scrap big enough for cow and second for the greeting
- Real Red – scrap
Let’s Make It!
1.Stamp dots from Delightful Day set in Craft White ink onto front of folded card. TIP: Stamp off the page and twist and turn the stamp each time. TIP: Also make sure to ink the stamp each time before stamping the paper. I shared the other stamps that make ideal cow-spot backgrounds on my free exclusive Facebook group this week. Are you a member? If not, click here.
2. Stamp cow with Memento ink onto Thick Whisper White cardstock. See my tips here on why I love this paper with Stampin’ Blends. Stamp the greeting onto scrap piece of Whisper White and punch with 1 3/8″ scallop circle punch.
3. Colour cow’s body with Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blend, leaving the spots, forelock and nose white. Colour the bell with the Real Red combo. Fussy cut the cow using the tips above.
4. Adhere cow with dimensionals to bottom right of card.
5. Punch 1 1/2″ circle from Real Red cardstock and adhere greeting on top. Attach to top left of card. Add one red rhinestone to top.
Optional: 6. Stamp the back of your envelope with Real Red ink and the small dots to mimic the front of the card. What fun!
Over to You Stamper!
Here’s everything you need for this simple and cute cow card. Simply cick on any image below to order from my online store.How to Fussy Cut and Easy Birthday Card
Thanks a Bunch!
I had a ball this week with this adorable set of stamps. I hope you’ve had a chance to check my designs out. The trio of baby greetings and the free pdf pop up design. All are easy and showcase the beauty of our Stampin’ Blends. If you haven’t pulled yours out in awhile, now’s the time!
And with today’s tips, I just know you’ll be fussy cutting ’til the cows come home (Sorry I just couldn’t resist! 😂) .
Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my designs. As always feel free to let me know what’s catching your eye the most. And I sure hope now you know how to fussy cut an easy birthday card, you won’t only pick up stamps with matching dies for your craft room!