Want an ultra quickie idea for how to make watercolour backgrounds with markers? Your Stampin’ Write markers that is? Look no further than my Facebook Live Replay!
Or maybe you caught my Facebook Live last night? Every week I host an online paper crafting class that YOU star in! Most times, YOU pick the colours, ribbons, embellishments, and change up the design as I’M crafting.
That way we never really know what we’re going to end up with. It’s fun! Come join us any Tuesday night at 6:30 MST over on my Design with Jo business page . (Note this is a new day and time so you can join in the fun once your work day is over.)
I love, luv, LOVE the versatility of our water-based markers. So all this week, I’m showing you how to use them for loads of crafting options.
Before we get to today’s video, let me show you this beauty card. And then I’ll share all the supplies so you can make one along with me.
Isn’t it pretty? I love this colour combination together. And I love the stamped sentiment. Beautiful brush lettering offset with plain type. Gorgeous! It’s from the Part of My Story stamp set, free during Sale-a-bration.
Here are your supplies to make these lovely backgrounds at home.How to Make Watercolour Backgrounds with Markers
OK, are you all set? Let’s take a peek.
How to Make Watercolour Backgrounds with Markers
Quick and easy yes? With lovely results. So…
What’s Not To Love About Stampin’ Write Markers?
- Fabulously pigmented colours perfectly coordinated with your Stampin’ Up! ink pads and papers
- Two tips to handle all your larger and smaller tasks
- Brush lettering in a snap (like on this fun, fun project)!
- Tons of versatility (colouring, blending, watercolour, lettering, omission stamping…and on and on)
You know, this is only the second time I pulled out my Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut specialty paper. I’m not sure why I’ve been hiding them. 😟They are simply beautiful and SO easy to use. With million dollar results like these. Here are the measurements for today’s card:
Cuttin’ It Up
- Very Vanilla Thick cardstock- 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- Pool Party cardstock – 4” x 5 1/4”
- Watercolour Paper – 3 3/4” x 5” (then later cut to 3 1/” x 4 7/8″)
- Detailed Laser Cut Specialty Cut paper – one panel cut down to 3 1/2” x 4 7/8”
- Pool Party 3/8” shimmer ribbon – about 12”
A Quick Question or Two for You
- How many of us have a few Stampin’ Write markers kicking around somewhere?
- When was the last time you used them? A day? A week? Hopefully not more than a month?
NOW is the time to get them out and play! Backgrounds this pretty – and this easy – are just minutes away!
Time to Choose!
This is one of my favourite parts of my FB Live replay blog posts. I’d love it if you left me a comment. Which one do you like the best?
My pretty soft and subtle gem?
A knock-your-socks-off combination of pinks? (Melon Mambo, Lovely Lipstick, Berry Burst)
Or the appeal of just-a-hint-of-laser-paper? (So Saffron, Pool Party and Lemon Lime Twist)
Or the monochromatic look with only slight variations in colours (Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral and Powder Pink)
I could go on forever playing with these Stampin’ Write backgrounds and the Delightfully Detailed Laser cut speciality paper. But I want you to start experimenting with them too!
So cut your watercolour paper, pick your colours and top up your Stampin’ Spritzer. Then get busy with how to make watercolour backgrounds with markers for your friends and family!