I need your help – is it a shadow box or a diorama card? I designed it and I’m not sure myself! 🤪
We’ll get to that in just a minute. But first, can you guess what I’m featuring this week?
I’ve known for awhile I had to showcase the Above the Clouds bundle. After all, there’s only SOOO many flowers you can take at any one time right?
And what’s more perfect for sun-filled summer days than a whimsical hot air balloon? Have you ever been up in one? I’d love to give it a try.
Is It a Shadow Box or Diorama Card?
Let’s see if we can figure it out together.
- it’s definitely a 3D greeting (shadow box and diorama)
- it stands up by itself (shadow box and diorama)
- I used punches to create the opening to peek through (shadow box and diorama).
See my dilemma? 🙄
- it’s squar-ish (shadow box and diorama)
- there is no real “frame” (hmmm…shadow box only?) 🤗
- no front closure (not always but sometimes a shadow box but not usually a diorama)
Are we any closer to deciding?
How about we just take a closer look at the card and talk about some of the elements?
- the clouds are stamped with Versamark and sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set
- my greeting fit on the Classic label punch and left enough room to be trimmed to the left
- the tiny bow is Whisper White baker’s twine I coloured with my Bermuda Bay Light Stampin’ Blend
- the back of the card does double duty as your inside greeting
What’s the secret ingredient in this card? A piece of window sheet for my middle layer. It creates a see-through panel the Coastal Cabana balloon is glued to.
A Fun Colour Inkspiration
I love Granny Apple Green. When we had Lemon Lime Twist, it was a fan fave too, but once this more vibrant deep lime was introduced, it was slam dunk, I was sold!
Now It’s Your Turn!
Here are all the supplies I pulled out to create this fun card. Feel free to CASE it and make your own.Supply List
Whichever It Is…
Do you like these 3D you’re-not-sure-what-it-is-but-pretty-cool card ideas? Then take a peek at this fun sailboat one my friend Joanne made. Or you can see a sweet bunny version with a quick video to show you exactly how to make it.
See you next time when I’ll have more creative ways with the Above the Clouds bundle. And even though I’m not sure we answered that age old question, Is It a Shadow Box or a Diorama Card, but I hope you have fun creating your own 😋!