Make a handmade snowflake card with no dies! Yes, it IS possible to not only make a card without using a die cutting machine, your design can be a stunner!
Any stamper, from beginner to long time crafter, can get busy creating with my easy to follow instructions for this pretty card.
Mix up your blue inks for a pretty “not your normal Christmas colours” card! This one is made with Pool Party and Night of Navy inks and papers only so you don’t need to have a die cutting machine to make it.
It’s awesome, even without a die cut to be found!
Make a Handmade Snowflake Card with No Dies
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Night of Navy cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, 2m 7/8″ x 2 7/8″, scored at 4 1/4″, scrap
- Pool Party cardstock – 1 1/2″ x 4″
- Basic White cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ , scrap
- Pool Party sheer ribbon – about 14″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Night of Navy card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2.Stamp the Basic White square with one large Night of Navy snowflake. Also ink and stamp a few snowflakes along the edge of the large Basic White panel. Clean stamp.
3. TIP: Close the Night of Navy stamp pad and open the Pool Party before this step so you don’t stamp into the wrong stamp pad by mistake! Stamp the large Basic White panel with some large Pool Party snowflakes and swirls. Stamp Pool Party piece also with the swirls in an all over pattern, inking each time.
4. Stamp the greeting onto a scrap of Basic White with Pool Party ink. Trim with Paper Snips into a small rectangle so only the word “merry” is left. Glue to a scrap of Night of Navy. Trim again so a small border of navy shows.
5. Glue Pool Party piece to middle of Basic White panel with liquid glue. Tie ribbon around middle and knot on the left. See this super quick video tip if your ribbon is a bit too loose.
5. Glue the snowflake square to the square of Night of Navy, add dimensionals to the back and adhere over the ribbon in the middle of the card.
7. Add rhinestones as desired.
If you love this Merry Snowflakes stamp set as much as I do, here’s another card you might like! Or this one shows how you can make a cool spritz background with the same set, this time using the matching dies too!
It’s Your Turn Stamper!
Grab your two favourite colours of ink, cardstock to match and some Basic White and you have just about all the elements to make a beautiful card in no time.
Or if you like, click here to see all the supplies I used that you can pin, print or order from!
This is such a great way to use stamps, ink and paper to make exquisite cards. Once you make a handmade snowflake card with no dies, you just might want to try other images – try this same idea with hearts for Valentine’s for your someone special!