Want to know how easy it is to Make a Pretty Princess Crown using Stampin’ Up!’s So Detailed thinlits dies? In honour of Princess Day today (yup, bet you didn’t know!), I wanted to make a sweet and simple crown that any up-and-coming princess could make. Not only are these perfect to make as decorations and party crowns for a your little sweeties, they are a great activity for the party itself. And what about mom-daughter days? What a fun time!
And even grown up princesses will love these! Think of the possibilities – spa parties, stagettes, birthdays, ironing…!
You need minimal supplies – and time – to whip up a couple of these sparkly sweeties. A little card stock and some embellishments! Both the glimmer paper and metallic ribbon are Sale-a-bration items you could get for free with a $60 order available until March 31st!
- two 1″ pieces of card stock (I used 2-8″ for the light pink and 2-11″ for the sugarplum pink)
- one So Detailed thinlits die cut in coordinating colours
- ribbon (I love the flexible softness of this ribbon!)
- accents (I used Basic Rhinestones, White Accents and Enamel Metallic Shapes) dressed up with some Fine Tip Glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter
Tips before you start:
- Apply your Fine Tip Glue directly to the White Perfect Accent and sprinkle with glitter and LET DRY. (CAUTION: Because of the plastic these are stuck to, you will get glitter on it – and you too – my husband said I had it all over my face when I was done!)
- Cut two pieces of card stock that measure 11″ each. This gives you the most flexibility and will help ensure you don’t have the seam in front.
- Measure what size crown you will need. Cut down your band so it is 1 1/2″ larger. (Cut from one end only.)
- Decide where you will glue your fancy “crown” part. Avoid where the seam overlaps. (Note that your back join doesn’t need to be right at the back but can be on the side as it is on my sugarplum sample below.) Use liquid glue to glue crown in place.
Here a the steps to create these yourself!
So a question for you. Are these sparkly enough or would you add more bling? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are all the supplies to make a pretty princess crown. Simply click on the images below to take you to my online ordering page to make one for your little princess.
‘Til next time, Happy Stampin’