Make a Thank You Card with Paper
I pulled out all the stops for this fun gatefold card. For you “give-me-TONS-of-stuff” paper crafters out there, you’ll find a little bit of everything on it! Let’s see, there’s…
- dry embossing
- two step stamping
- die cutting
- vellum dies
- punching and
- a fun fold!
And I think it turned out not so shabby with all those tricks! What do you think?
So all this week I’m featuring flowers with some element of a retiring item as my Product of the Week. I’ve got three totally different looks for you, all with retiring flower sets, one I didn’t use hardly at all!😬
What’s Retiring on This Card?
The Incredible Like You stamps are ones I’m really sorry to see go. In a solid two-step design, they’re so easy to use to create beautiful flowers. Ones that look perfect to make a thank you card with paper!
What Was I Thinking?
I started stamping with the main flower in Highland Heather, adding the darker Gorgeous Grape on top. It took me awhile to warm up to this bold purple, but now it’s at the top of my favourites list.
The leaves are a base of Pear Pizzazz with smaller Old Olive details. And the bright little flower is Lovely Lipstick.
Then I repeated all these colours with the stacked layers.
- The stunning Stitched Label in Gorgeous Grape anchors the entire embellishment.
- A wispy die cut flourish from the Well Written dies in vellum is sandwiched in between the Gorgeous Grape and a Lovely lipstick Everyday label.
- The stamped focal piece comes next.
- Then an offset word in Pear Pizzazz adds some charm.
- The final touch is the tiny bits of bling in the rhinestone accents.
Since there are so many bold colours I didn’t want the background to compete. So I decided a crisp white embossed panel in the Climbing Vine embossing folder (also retiring) – or set of panels really – on the bright Lovely Lipstick gatefold card would add just the right bit of polish.
Design with Jo TIPS to Make This Card
- stamp your image first then crop it with the second largest stitched circle in the Stitched Shapes dies
- don’t centre the stamped image in the middle of the circle for added interest
- carefully cut and remove the vellum foliage flourish from the Well Written dies
- glue all your embellishments together rather than using dimensionals. Reserve those for the entire element itself.
Get Into to Your Craft Space!
I’ll bet you have lots of these supplies in your stash of goodies. Take a look and if you need to add some, a simple little click on any of the images below will take you to my online store where you can order!
And when your order is close to $60, you might want to add some snail or those rhinestones in! Why? Any online order $60 or more with my host code YQ764RHD earns Sunny Rewards from me – that’s FREE stuff! Read more about it here.Make a Thank You Card with Paper
While this card may take a few more minutes to craft than this one I made also with this great stamp set, you’re going to love the process. Building up layers that all work together is super fun and rewarding.
So the next time you have to express gratitude, make a thank you card with paper just like this one – and reward yourself too😁!