Want to make a Valentines Day card that’s pretty – and pretty easy? This Detailed Hearts die is absolutely stunning when paired with the rainbow glimmer paper!
What do you think?
What’s the first thing you notice about this card?
Probably that awesome and marvelous mess of hearts? Aren’t they fabulous? It’s a single die that is anything but boring! Here I’ve cut it two times to create this inset design – which is a lot easier to make than you night think!
If the die wasn’t the first thing you noticed, maybe it was the yummy rainbow glimmer paper? I had to admit, when I first saw this in the Annual Catalogue, I was “meh, don’t think I need it”.
However, I’ve seen sooooo many amazing designs made with it, I warmed up to it pretty quick and added it to my shopping cart. And I haven’t been disappointed once I started playing! Now it’s a bit of a must-have in my books!!
Here it is a bit closer!
How about we take a closer peek at the card design so you can recreate it with my easy-to-follow steps?
Make a Valentines Day Card
OK, here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Rainbow Glimmer Paper – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Pool Party – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White Thick cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic White regular cardstock – scrap about 3″ x 3″
- Silver Metallic edged ribbon – about 14″
Let’s Make It!
1.Stamp greeting onto piece of regular Basic White cardstock with Rich Razzleberry ink and set aside.
2. Colour Metallic edged white ribbon with the Dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin Blend. TIP: Use a light touch and the brush tip on its side to colour. You should only have to colour one side. Set aside to dry.
3. Crop greeting heart with the Stitched Be Mine Die and your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine (SCEM). Zip your Detailed Heart Die two times in your SCEM, once on Pool Party and lastly on the rainbow glimmer paper. Ensure all hearts that are removable fall out! Set aside the rainbow glimmer card for another purpose as we are going to use the square panel with the negative shape!
4. Tie ribbon around bottom portion of glimmer panel and knot with a bow to the far left. Glue panel to front of your card base with liquid glue. TIP: Make sure you add dabs of glue in the inside areas to adhere.
5. Dab glue onto back of Pool Party heart die and inset into negative cutouts in the glimmer paper. TIP: If it’s easier, use a sponge and the silicone craft sheet like I show in this video replay. NOTE: It should fit in exactly and even if a few white spaces show (like on mine) no problem!
The Finishing Touches
7. Add dimensionals to back of the heart and affix on bottom right. TIP: add a little bit of liquid glue to the dimensionals after you remove the backing as it will stick better on the rougher glimmer paper surface.
8. Embellish sparingly. With lots of glitter and your shiny edged ribbon, you don’t need too much more. But I did add an adhesive backed sequin to the top and a clear rhinestone on top.
There you go! A wonderful Valentine for anyone!
If you love that inset look, here’s another card that you might think about making with the Stitched Be Mine Dies!
Now It’s Up to You!
Pick up your supplies here to make this fun design. Change up the colours as you wish since there are so many to coordinate with this awesome rainbow glimmer paper! Add any of the supplies I used into your own craft space by clicking on any of them here.Supplies To Make This Card
They’ll Love It!
I just know whoever you send this card to will love it! But not only that! They’ll love how you took the time to make something extra special just for them!
And what’s even better? There’s lots more of the glimmer paper in your package to make a second – or third one!
So go ahead and make a Valentines Day card and get it in the mail and it will arrive in plenty of time for this special day!