Today I want YOU to make a congrats watercolour pencil art card with my photo tutorial. Once you take a peek at how easy this is, I predict you’ll be spritzing up a storm and die cutting all kinds of words and shapes for dramatic cards like this in no time.
WAHzing! Doesn’t it POP? The bold vibrant colours, the touchable texture and the wood star accents make this one stand out card. Let’s dive in for a closer look.
I think it’s striking because there’s so much of the contrasting black card showing. But I couldn’t resist shadowing the word with Dazzling Diamonds paper for some bling! So you know there’s SOMETHING there but not exactly sure what. Lastly I added three different sizes of the Hearts & Stars Accents and a small bit of the beautiful 1/4” Whisper White organza ribbon for even more pizzazz.
How about I show – and tell – you how to make a congrats watercolour pencil art card?
- Watercolour paper
- Dazzling diamonds Glimmer paper – piece 2” x 5”
- Basic Black cardstock – cut to 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- 1/4” Whisper White Organza ribbon cut to 6”
Now you have you word cut out, here’s the rest of the recipe:
- die cut congrats again in Dazzling Diamonds paper
- glue watercolour words to glimmer paper with only
- wrap ribbon around open large open star and affix with a glue dot
- dab liquid glue on back of stars and adhere to card as shown
- snip small pieces from the edge of your Mini Dimensionals and place on the back of word
So are you running into your craft room to make your OWN watercolour pencil art card? If you need some supplies, click on the image to have yours sent directly to your doorstep. I really do appreciate when you shop with me. Thank you.
You Can Make It Too