Want to know how to make fun cards with paper punches to WOW your friends? I predict you’ll be able to watch their eyes light up when they see this cool design made with the new Best Label punch!
This was a blast to make. I had the most fun figuring out how I was going to place the little labels for the biggest impact!
What do you think…does it work?
You might be surprised to know this design uses very little patterned paper. In fact, I just used some scraps!
Do you have any idea what package that paper was in? A new fall one in the July to December Mini! How great are these richly toned patterns?
With a colour palette and designs like this, it’s not only little punch label cards that will be at the top of your paper crafting list. Autumn scrapbook pages, gorgeous cards, 3D gift items, even home decor…you’ll have all kinds of options!
Let me give you the steps to make this card.
How to Make Fun Cards with Paper Punches to Wow Your Friends
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- patterned paper – scraps
- Basic Black cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, small scrap
- Bermuda Bay cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White cardstock – one piece 3 3/4″ x 5″, 2nd piece 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside), scrap
Let’s Make It!
1.Punch out about 16 of the same shapes from different patterned but coordinated paper.
2. Arrange punched shapes to the 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White. When happy with arrangement, glue each piece onto the Basic White panel with liquid glue. TIP: mix up the patterns for the most interest. BIGGER TIP: have a couple of the shapes go off the edge of the panel. BIGGEST TIP: For the most eye-catching layout, don’t cover the entire piece of Basic White with punched shapes. Trim off any labels that are hanging off the edge of the card.
3. Stamp the greeting with the Alphabest stamp set with Bermuda Bay ink onto scrap of Basic White. Die cut with the Stylish Shapes banner. TIP: Lightly draw a pencil line on the scrap before stamping to line up the letters perfectly. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to back and set aside.
4. Die cut a second narrower, longer banner in Basic Black and glue to the top right of the panel. Glue entire panel to the Bermuda Bay and then to the folded Basic Black card.
5. Adhere ‘happy’ greeting over top of Basic Black banner.
6. Colour 3 basic rhinestones with Dark Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blend and place on card as desired.
If you really want to get fancy, add more to the inside of your card. I glued in one additional punched shape and added the word ‘birthday’.
If you like this technique, you’ll love knowing you can make it with dies as well as punches. Take a peek at this card I loved using heart shape cutouts.
Get Punch Happy!
Find some coordinated patterned papers and get busy with some fun punches you have (or dies if you like). And if there isn’t paper or a punch or die that tickles your creativity, you can pick up any of the supplies I used by clicking here.
Tell me, do you think this card would look just as good with a Basic Black panel instead of the Basic White?
Click here to leave a comment.
So go ahead and craft up a few now you know how to make fun cards with paper punches to WOW your friends – they’ll be delighted to get one in the mail from you!
Love this card! I am ordering the Alphabest bundle! Will experiment with this idea when it arrives!
That’s great Kathy! I think you’ll love that little label! Have fun with it!