How cute is that? Don’t you just LOVE when the unexpected happens? I’m not sure what I like the best…that I made it out of scraps that were in the garbage can, that I used more of my Spooky Night designer series paper, or that the google eyes fit perfectly inside the word! Maybe it’s all three together. No matter, I’m thrilled!
Normally I love the feeling I get when I organize, pitch and purge. Don’t need it? Throw it out or donate to someone who does. Haven’t used it in months? Say bye-bye. Buuuuut, with results like this, I just might need to rethink that! Are you like that too? Sure, we can’t keep EVERY SINGLE little scrap of paper or length of unused ribbon, but perhaps we need to dumpster dive every so often!
So how can you create a card just like this? Here are the steps:
- Coloured glimmer paper 2 1/2” x 4” (see my video tutorial to create your own coloured glimmer paper)
- Basic Black cardstock 3” x 4 1/2”
- Spooky Night designer series paper 4” x 5 1/4”
- Whisper White cardstock 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”
- Pumpkin Pie card base 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” scored at 4 1/4”
- If you don’t already had a BOO cut out like I did, run your glimmer paper through the Big Shot with the Large Letters framelit (TIP1: use washi tape to hold it straight as you are cutting. TIP2: you will need to run it twice to get the second O cut).
- Glue glimmer paper to Basic Black, then to patterned paper then to Whisper White.
- Stamp eyes with Whisper White craft ink inside letters and let dry a few minutes (or heat it with your heat tool).
- Tie ribbon around bottom edge and knot at left.
- Attach to card front with dimensionals.
You Can Make It Too
The next time your hand is headed toward the trash with what you THINK isn’t worth saving, put the brakes on. Turn it around, look at it upside down, squint. Think there’s another way you can use it? If not, pitch it. But maybe, just maybe you might be able to make a Hallowe’en BOO card from paper scraps – or something equally as creative – with hardly any effort at all!